jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I recently bought a new dsi. After using it for a while without problem, I took some pictures and saved them to the as card. After attempting to view said pictures, the system would crash and the only way to leave the camera was to reset
(Power button tap) then I took another pic and save to the sd, and I could now view them without crashing. I deleted both, and attempted to exit home (power button tap) and it wouldn't work. I then had to shut down the system, by holding the power button for 5-10 seconds. Then after turning on the system, it wouldn't let me reset (power button tap) except through a game (touching "return to dsi menu" in flipnote). Also, attempting to open the camera caused an error screen, and required a force shutdown. After removing the sd card it no longer crashed, and after putting it back in I was able to delete the pictures (again) as they supposedly did not delete the first time. The reset (tap) still did not work, I then deleted all pics on the system memory, this did not fix the reset problem, after plugging it in to charge, the indicator lights started flickering, and after shutting it down, then turning it back on it would not boot, trying again it booted, now it boots every time, yet the reset (tap) won't work. Also, even on the highest system update,now everytime I go to the settings it allows me to update,(on 1.4.5 u: highest ver) before stopping me and saying it is up to date...

I have no flipping idea what the heck is wrong with this
Unless maybe inside is a piece of dust, miraculously bridging a connection somewhere in the power supply, making the lights go crazy and not allowing a quick reset (tap or normal power off (3sec hold ) but only an error-shut down(5-10 sec hold) ...

Please someone come to my aid

jamezfat

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
Well crap, plugged it in and I tried to turn it back on and got the blinking orange light of doom: battery failure, I'm not shure what went, but whoever owned this in it's past life set it down a path for doom. At this point, it probably isn't worth it to try and fix, so I'll return it and maybe find another one, that won't crap out after a week...

Man, this kinda sucks...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong