OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey

my girlfriend has stupidly updated her dsi system and its blocked her r4i gold card... getting error message when trying to access the r4i card ,

*AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED. PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON TO TURN THE SYSTEM OFF. PLEASE REFER TO THE NINTENDO DSI OPERATIONS MANUAL FOR DETAILS.*

anyone know how to fix it? or had the same problem?

Thanks much appreciated.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IF the card is flashable (I don't think it is, but I could be wrong), you'd need to update it using a DS 'Phat'/Lite.

Probably better off buying an AceKard 2i.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cheekobhoy said:
twiztidsinz said:
Probably better off buying an AceKard 2i.

and would it defo work after that? because its an actual system update thats blocked there card.
I know that the problem is the DSi update that blocked flashcarts, but you need to read my WHOLE post.

IF the R4 is flashable (I don't think it is, but I could be wrong), you'd need to update it using a DS 'Phat'/Lite.
The AceKard 2i IS flashable, so you would just have to update it using a DS 'Phat'/Lite. However, some dealers (like ShopTemp) offer a upgrade flashing service for $1, which they will update the card for you.

The whole point of the 1.4.1 firmware updates for flashcarts is to get around the DSi's 1.4.1 flashcart blocking update.
And if for some reason Nintento comes out with another firmware update for the DSi, AceKard would most likely be able to be updated to bypass that as well... as would the R4i gold IF it can be updated.

cheekobhoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what about taking the Dsi back to the shop and telling them it's faulty? screen keeps freezing or something like.. i only got the Ds 1 month ago, soo surely they have to take it back? lol

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
No, it does not block games.

It blocks criminal little piracy cards that kids buy. OK?
smile.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cheekobhoy said:
Sorry for being a pain, but does the update block all games or just the r4i cards? dont have any other games to try it with.

Thanks.

It blocked all flashcarts apart from the EZ-Flash Vi. It's simply a case that there are firmware updates for the Acekard 2i/ DSTWO which enable them to work on DSi's with firmware 1.4.1.

Retail games of course are unaffected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: