I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So awhile back I remember seeing a suggestion topic for Nitnendo to update the actual hardware of the DSi, now seeing as how they just released it just a little bit ago that probably won't happen for awhile. So something much more likely to happen is Nintendo updating the firmware to make things on the actual firmware a little bit better.

So make a list of what you would like changed, added, or fixed:

1. Make it so you can choose a permanent picture to appear at the top instead of a random one from your album.
2. Load DSiWare directly from the SD, like on the SD menu on the wii.
3. When editing a photo, it should allow you to help it find a face...like maybe draw a box/circle around the face. I say this because I have numerous photos where the face is right there, but it says that no face is detected.
4. Make it so that If you only have like 5 channels all the 500 other empty channels won't show up, the list just ends at the last channel you have and it will be extended when you download more DSiWare or put a new channel on via data management of course.
5. Create a voice chat DSiWare channel.
6. Be able to import/export your sound recording to the SD card/DSi.
7. Be able to import photos from your computer put on the SD card to the DSi.
8. In System Setting, under Internet, instead of putting just Internet Connection 1 but the SSID (or in other words the nickname for the access point).
9. Add another option under Wireless Communications, in System Settings, called Auto which will only connect to turn on WLAN when a channel such as the DS Download Play or DSiShop is run.
10. Whenever it's your birthday have the little chime when the health and safety screen comes up like on the first 2 DS's.
11. When in mid game (DS card slot game and DSiWare) and you press the power button, instead of the normal going back to the menu have something like on the wii where a menu comes up and it gives the option to go back to the menu, it will give you how much power is left on the DSi, the time, and the volume level.
12. Allow the parental controls to block the System Settings and the DS Game Channel

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice list. How about getting rid of that health screen altogether? That's probably not gonna happen though because it's a safety thing. That channel thing is a good idea since all those unused slots are pointless but then again, I like flicking the list back and forth really fast and I won't be able to do it with a short list lol.

Regarding the Wifi thing, didn't the Phat/Lite have that option? It automatially turns on Wifi when it's needed and turns it off when it's not. I wonder why they made it a manual toggle with the DSi.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you mark only one of your pictures as a favorite (the star icon), only that one will show in the top screen so it won't just pick one randomly.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does are silly suggestions, that you may want but not me.
I want some real apps, not little fixes to stuff thats not really needed.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD said:
Does are silly suggestions, that you may want but not me.
I want some real apps, not little fixes to stuff thats not really needed.

Umm...by does do you mean those?

And some people would really enjoy these fixes, and real apps aren't necessarily a firmware update suggestion (I put the voice chat app suggestion in just for the heck of it).

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
So awhile back I remember seeing a suggestion topic for Nitnendo to update the actual hardware of the DSi, now seeing as how they just released it just a little bit ago that probably won't happen for awhile. So something much more likely to happen is Nintendo updating the firmware to make things on the actual firmware a little bit better.

1. Make it so you can choose a permanent picture to appear at the top instead of a random one from your album.
There's a way to do this, something with the labeling, but if you have only one selected that'll be the only one shown. I've had only one shown forever now.

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It would be awesome if you could send some of
your pictures to other peoples DSis via wifi

KicksDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cbajd5 said:
DeltaBurnt said:

There's a way to do this, something with the labeling, but if you have only one selected that'll be the only one shown. I've had only one shown forever now.

I think if you go in to your photo albumn and favourite just once picture, it will always shoBy favourite I mean select the little star above the pic:]

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Remove Parental Control
biggrin.gif

No, but, seriously, I really want to be able to play my music backwards, and have the filters I can put on my voice for music, too.

I, too, have got the problem of my DSi not recognizing my face.

About the In-Game Menu, I don't think this will be possible on normal DS games.
(Could the Wii show an In-Game Menu while playing GC-Games?)

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i want
longer voice recodings
video recording
no empty channels
flash update for browser
mneu skinning
use wpa in game carts
an option to autoboot the cart

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rockstar99 said:
i want
longer voice recodings
video recording
no empty channels
flash update for browser
mneu skinning
use wpa in game carts
an option to autoboot the cart

Video recording has already been suggested, no empty channels probably won't happen (look at the wii), the dsi isn't powerful enough for flash, there probably won't be menu skinning, wpa in game carts isn't possible because the original games were made to only support the original type of DS internet connections, and autoboot to cart was already suggested.

edracon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ask-martymcfly.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
2. Load DSiWare directly from the SD, like on the SD menu on the wii.
3. When editing a photo, it should allow you to help it find a face...like maybe draw a box/circle around the face. I say this because I have numerous photos where the face is right there, but it says that no face is detected.
4. Make it so that If you only have like 5 channels all the 500 other empty channels won't show up, the list just ends at the last channel you have and it will be extended when you download more DSiWare or put a new channel on via data management of course.
5. Create a voice chat DSiWare channel.
6. Be able to import/export your sound recording to the SD card/DSi.
7. Be able to import photos from your computer put on the SD card to the DSi.
8. In System Setting, under Internet, instead of putting just Internet Connection 1 but the SSID (or in other words the nickname for the access point).
9. Add another option under Wireless Communications, in System Settings, called Auto which will only connect to turn on WLAN when a channel such as the DS Download Play or DSiShop is run.
10. Whenever it's your birthday have the little chime when the health and safety screen comes up like on the first 2 DS's.
11. When in mid game (DS card slot game and DSiWare) and you press the power button, instead of the normal going back to the menu have something like on the wii where a menu comes up and it gives the option to go back to the menu, it will give you how much power is left on the DSi, the time, and the volume level.
12. Allow the parental controls to block the System Settings and the DS Game Channel
for #1, we had that since the beginning. Go to the photo thing, look at the album, and take off the "stars" from the pictures, the one you want to be on your background is the one you put the star on. To prevent other pictures from automatically getting the star, just don't take pictures from the main menu.
#9: You mean like it is RIGHT NOW! WLAN is always off and only turns on when you go into those things.

I agree with the rest of them. oh... and add MP3 support.... and AVI support.... and give us some GBA games on DSiware already!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1