Hacking DSi Downgrade-NNID Question

vasalpa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I keep on searching for this but I don't have a clear answer so I decided to ask here. Now to the point.
I want to do a DSi downgrade (system tranfer) from a source O3DS (a9lh+luma, 11.2) to the target N3DS 11.2. I don't have a NNID on the source 3DS although I will NEED one because I need to download steel diver as I don't have another entrypoint. The target 3DS has a NNID. What should I do (without calling Nintendo-it doesn't have support in my country) if :
I don't care about the O3DS NNID which I will link just for steelhax but I want to be able to create a new one when the downgrade is over with no issue and also (a) I want to create a new NNID to the target 3DS (not the one that will be tranfered), OR (b) I want to keep the NNID that the target 3ds had before the downgrade.
In conlusion the end result will be:
(a)O3DS (source)--> a new (fresh) NNID (or none)
N3DS (target)--> a new (fresh) NNID
(b)O3DS (source)--> a new (fresh) NNID (or none)
N3DS (target)--> the same NNID as the one it started with

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep on searching for this but I don't have a clear answer so I decided to ask here. Now to the point.
I want to do a DSi downgrade (system tranfer) from a source O3DS (a9lh+luma, 11.2) to the target N3DS 11.2. I don't have a NNID on the source 3DS although I will NEED one because I need to download steel diver as I don't have another entrypoint. The target 3DS has a NNID. What should I do (without calling Nintendo-it doesn't have support in my country) if :
I don't care about the O3DS NNID which I will link just for steelhax but I want to be able to create a new one when the downgrade is over with no issue and also (a) I want to create a new NNID to the target 3DS (not the one that will be tranfered), OR (b) I want to keep the NNID that the target 3ds had before the downgrade.
In conlusion the end result will be:
(a)O3DS (source)--> a new (fresh) NNID (or none)
N3DS (target)--> a new (fresh) NNID
(b)O3DS (source)--> a new (fresh) NNID (or none)
N3DS (target)--> the same NNID as the one it started with
I don't see a reason why you would want to keep the target console nnid considering you would be able to get ANYTHING free, but you can always relink it or create a new one like normal afterward, but it will refuse the transfer if it already has an nnid. and if you create a pre-transfer dump, you can keep your nnid the source console originally had

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? When? I only used it about two days ago. I'd be surprised, since they already issued an update to block it, and there's no post on the forum about it.
Shoot no I'm wrong sorry, edit my post in a sec, I thought it was one of the exploit games that was pulled. I thought I read it somewhere, sorry

Last edited by Sketchy1,
Reactions: Quantumcat

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Target SHOULD NOT have any NNID otherwise the 3DS refuses System Transferring.
If you want to keep Target NNID, System Transfer it to a 3rd 3DS, or System Transfer it to Source then System Transfer it back 7 days after.
(This method can also make your own DL contents a clone for multiple purposes if you backup NAND + SD files before System Transferring it back.)

BTW, if you have Zelda OoT or Sky3DS(+), you don't need to register any NNID on Source because OoThax takes place of Steelhax.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse