Homebrew DSi doesn't turn on

Retroarcade2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I don't know if this is the correct section to write this post, if it isn't sorry in advance, and Aldo sorry forma my tooo bad English. Yesterday i've disassemble my DSi to do an Hardmod, but i've broken the flat cable of the bottom screen... So i wanted turn on the DSi and without mount the "cover" i've connected the battery. But i've connected it with inverted + and -... Now the DSi doean't turn on and the only thing that it do is a orange led that flashes when i connect the DSi to the charge... I don't know if i've broken the motherboard or just the battery, and i don't wan't to spend uselessly money. Thanks in advance for the help and sorry again for my english

Retroarcade2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK thanks! I've a normal DSi, i will buy the power board soon, but... Only a thing. I can repair the flat cable of the screen with any method? Or i must buy a new screen:(

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK thanks! I've a normal DSi, i will buy the power board soon, but... Only a thing. I can repair the flat cable of the screen with any method? Or i must buy a new screen:(
Im not sure if the cable is attached to the screen, but if it is you need to buy a new screen, it is pretty easy to replace.

Retroarcade2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im not sure if the cable is attached to the screen, but if it is you need to buy a new screen, it is pretty easy to replace.
yes is attached, i've tested the screen because i've done a little strap on the flat of the bottom screen and i wanted test the screen. I've turned on the Dsi and the bottom screen was glichted. After i've done the error with the battery, then i must to buy the screen and the power motherboard... Thanks!

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
I reversed my battery and then replaced the power board, then when turning the dsi on the bottom screen would become white and it didnt turn on (better then not turning on at all like before) then I went and secured all the wires extra carefully and it turned on fine.

Retroarcade2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I reversed my battery and then replaced the power board, then when turning the dsi on the bottom screen would become white and it didnt turn on (better then not turning on at all like before) then I went and secured all the wires extra carefully and it turned on fine.
Nono, mybe i'm not expressed very well...(and probably yes because my english is reeeeally bad) i've broken the cable of the screen. The flat of the bottom screen, the orange cable have a little crack on it i can't do a photo now.... I massacred this poor dsi:blush:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1