DSi console with a TTDS card

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by dwa23, Dec 16, 2009.

Dec 16, 2009

DSi console with a TTDS card by dwa23 at 6:35 AM (3,748 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. dwa23
    OP

Newcomer dwa23 Newbie

United States
    Ok this is probbably a stupid question but I've been at it all night and won't work.

I have a DSi and I have the Top Toy (DSTT) & TTDSi cards. Ihave no probem running the TTDSi cards on my DSi and my friends Ds Lite however when going through my extra cards I come to find out that some of the cards I got were TTDS cards and not TTDSi cards. Will they work on a DSi and if yes could you please point me to where I can get the software and what files I need. I think I'm missing something easy but can't figure it out. Thank you so much in advance for all your time!

Dwayne in NJ (USA)

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    IIRC - TTDS cards will not work on a DSi that's why the company brought out the TTDSi, even then - when nintendo brought out the 1.4 Firmware the TTDSi stopped working.

There is apparently a 'fix' to allow these cards to work on 1.4 firmware - but unfortunately I buggered up the card so can't tell how successful the upgrade is

3. h8isgr8

Member h8isgr8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There is a hardware difference between the two cards. There isn't any way to use a DSTT card in a DSi.

As far as DSTTi cards working with the 1.4 DSi firmware; the last DSTTi I bought from focalprice already had the update.

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    So I thought it'll be best to warn him that the upgrade MAY not work

5. dwa23
    OP

Newcomer dwa23 Newbie

United States
    Thank you all for the replies! I figured the older ones would work on the DSi since the dstti works on the DS, DSL & DSi! Oh well, looks loke 5 more cards for my niece who I ave my DSL to!!