Hacking DSI Compatibility

Demon86rjc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I currently have a DS Lite and I’m thinking about upgrading to a new DSI or DSI XL. I wanted to know if CycloDS would work on though systems & what might I have to do to get it to work?

BTW: I tried to search but failed
frown.gif

Thanks

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Black_Knight_666 said:
If i were you, i would get a supercard ds2! or at least an ak2i! you wont regret it
wink.gif

Acekard 2i, EZ-Flash Vi and Supercard DSTwo work with DSi, but may be a bit problematic to work if the DSi runs System Menu 1.4 or higher.
If they are not patched they wont boot.
And since you got a NDS Lite thats no problem, right? ;D

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The cycloDS was a good cart, second only to the dstwo
but it's dead, the team is nowhere to be found, and the forum is no more

get the dstwo

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Demon86rjc said:
Hello

I currently have a DS Lite and I’m thinking about upgrading to a new DSI or DSI XL. I wanted to know if CycloDS would work on though systems & what might I have to do to get it to work?

BTW: I tried to search but failed
frown.gif

Thanks

You don´t know how to read the package of your flashcard? It says:

"CycloDS Evolution for the Nintendo DS & DS Lite".

Any objections, lady?

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like cards have been dropping like flies. Cyclo, and TTDS this month. M3 is just about done. If you want reglar updates there are only two left. I wonder if everyone is just wating for the 3ds.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
Looks like cards have been dropping like flies. Cyclo, and TTDS this month. M3 is just about done. If you want reglar updates there are only two left. I wonder if everyone is just wating for the 3ds.
Wood firmware for R4DS, Acekard 2i and Supercard DStwo are more or less the only good choices now.
I'd have never recommended M3i Zero after my bad experiences with it, receiving a defective flashing cable, games not playing full speed, etc. I don't own an EZ Flash Vi, but feature and price-wise looks to be far, FAR better than M3i Zero.
I can't recommend a DSTT at all, it being crappy and unsupported, where the R4DS costs about as much and has Wood firmware.
And sadly, I can't recommend the CycloDS any more, being that it looks like they might have gone under, and is totally beaten by the Supercard DSTwo in price and features.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Pliskron said:
Wood firmware for R4DS, Acekard 2i and Supercard DStwo are more or less the only good choices now.
I'd have never recommended M3i Zero after my bad experiences with it, receiving a defective flashing cable, games not playing full speed, etc. I don't own an EZ Flash Vi, but feature and price-wise looks to be far, FAR better than M3i Zero.
I can't recommend a DSTT at all, it being crappy and unsupported, where the R4DS costs about as much and has Wood firmware.
And sadly, I can't recommend the CycloDS any more, being that it looks like they might have gone under, and is totally beaten by the Supercard DSTwo in price and features.

I think the EZ Flash is under rated...I like it a little more than my acekard
but that's just me and my opinion

the EZ Flash team also has a good record of supporting their carts, they may not be as fast as akaio, but good enough for me

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You have two choices for carts that have proper support/updates.[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: $15 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Can use AKAIO, giving it compatibility with modern games. Can update itself and cheats over wifi, supports the DSi/XL, and supports memory cards up to 32GB.
  • Disadvantages: Can't do any of the special stuff the DSTwo can.
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: $35 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Supports the DSi/XL, can update itself even if the DSi won't run it, supports memory cards up to 32GB, real-time save (save states), in-game guide (show text and images from walkthroughs without having to reset the game), "free cheat" which lets you modify memory while the game is running, GBA and SNES emulator, slow motion, and more.
  • Disadvantages: The most expensive card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*