ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Josephvb10 said:
Old hack:
3922329338_5874df6d12.jpg
This one has the flipnote frog.

The new hack has an unauthorized mushroom, it's quite hard to inject DSi Channel animation/icon data into the RAM.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with OzModChips, I mean its hard not to be a skeptic when you see so many fakes. However I feel safer if they say it is so.

Not that at this point in time I really care about DSi anything. I am more excited about the 3DS and will probably retire my DS Lite to hmmm light duty, as with so many of my older systems
smile.gif

OzModChips, have you played the 3DS? Is it as fantastic as my inner child wants it to be? Will my brain melt upon gazing upon it...

In case you can't tell, I want a 3DS badly lol

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
JonthanD said:
OzModChips, have you played the 3DS? Is it as fantastic as my inner child wants it to be? Will my brain melt upon gazing upon it...

I wish I have, I think only the media and developers have. And I don't know any of them.
Actually, some aussie devs buy flash cards from us (cheap dev kits, and they try to figure out anti piracy stuff too). But no one that would show me a 3DS in person
smile.gif

Its still 3 months away.

I'd love to buy a Japanese one to get it a little early, but my guess is the whole thing is going to be region locked!!

Ohh, we where also the first in the world to test out acekard 2i on a non Japanese Dsi -
DSIworkinglarge.jpg

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If everyone here is so excited about the possibility of full access dsi homebrew - why don't you use the existing exploits for the "cooking" games? No need for any kind of flashcard (at least after you placed the exploit on the game card - and for that you can use your already existing DSi compatible DS mode flashcard, which I am sure already have only to play the LoneWolf series).

Okay I admit that a "homebrew channel"-like launching method would be much more convenient (and independent from your local wifi and desktop pc to send the executable via wifi) - but the current lack of interest in dsi homebrew clearly shows that this is something only a small number of people are interested in in earnest.

So what I am trying to say is - everybody just wants to pirate DSiWare/DSiOnly/Enhanced games under the pretense of homebrew.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
bailli said:
If everyone here is so excited about the possibility of full access dsi homebrew - why don't you use the existing exploits for the "cooking" games? No need for any kind of flashcard (at least after you placed the exploit on the game card - and for that you can use your already existing DSi compatible DS mode flashcard, which I am sure already have only to play the LoneWolf series).

Okay I admit that a "homebrew channel"-like launching method would be much more convenient (and independent from your local wifi and desktop pc to send the executable via wifi) - but the current lack of interest in dsi homebrew clearly shows that this is something only a small number of people are interested in in earnest.

So what I am trying to say is - everybody just wants to pirate DSiWare/DSiOnly/Enhanced games under the pretense of homebrew.
The save game file exploits haven't been refined enough for homebrew.
I would imagine that this exploit works using a polished version of that exploit.

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ThePowerOutage said:
I would imagine that this exploit works using a polished version of that exploit.

Care to explain what you understand by "refined enough" ?

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
bailli said:
ThePowerOutage said:

There isn't an SDK plus no-one really knows what hardware it can access and wether it can write to NAND.

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is no SDK because there aren't that many people further developing libnds. We are talking about an exploit in a game running in DSi mode - meaning there is the same hardware limitation that is in place for every DSi mode game. Meaning there could be access to SD/Camera if the necessary additions to libnds were done - after somebody figured out how to access these hardware parts.

It takes time to figure out how exactly the different hardware parts talk to each other - and afterwards you still need to put your findings into reasonable code (libnds).

Access to NAND isn't the first priority. If access to the internal SD slot was supported you could load executables (and other data) directly from there after the savegame exploit.

Bingo83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can see why they are not giving much info, look at the PS3 USBLoader release and see how much legal heat OzModChips got from being involved, only for it to cloned in days by 3rd party manufacturers. I am sure they lost a few bob on that so will be playing their cards close to their chest to stop it happening agan.

So it looks like we will have to be patient
smile.gif

... waiting ...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
bailli said:
ThePowerOutage said:

There isn't an SDK plus no-one really knows what hardware it can access and wether it can write to NAND.
There's an SDK. libnds. Homebrew made with it works fine in DSi mode via the DSiLoad thing or whatever it was called.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
ThePowerOutage said:
bailli said:
ThePowerOutage said:

There's an SDK. libnds. Homebrew made with it works fine in DSi mode via the DSiLoad thing or whatever it was called.
There isn't a full SDK then. What I'm saying is that this hack is needed for people to have an easier way around.
Which would you to prefer to load homebrew in - bannerbomb/ Smashstack or Homebrew channel?
Rydian: From comments below, it would seem that nand access is needed.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
SifJar said:
ThePowerOutage said:
bailli said:
ThePowerOutage said:

There isn't a full SDK then. What I'm saying is that this hack is needed for people to have an easier way around.
Which would you to prefer to load homebrew in - bannerbomb/ Smashstack or Homebrew browser?
Rydian: I don't have a DSi and forgot that you could have channels on SD, that's why I said NAND.

Homebrew browser? I assume you mean Homebrew Channel, but that ISN'T an exploit. The other two are. The channel itself here isn't the exploit, it is the result of it. Like on the Wii.

EDIT: And even if you can have channels on the SD card on the DSi, I highly doubt they would work if the ticket were not installed on the NAND, so NAND access is necessary at some point I reckon.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
actually, you can't have channels on SD.
you can move them there, but only for backup.
they need to be on the DSi's internal storage if you want to execute them.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
bailli said:

tell that to dsi xl owners
wink.gif

edit: also, earlier in the thread it was mentioned that sd and nand access are disabled once you have launched the slot 1 card independent of whether you are in ds or dsi mode

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mercluke said:
edit: also, earlier in the thread it was mentioned that sd and nand access are disabled once you have booted the slot 1 independent of whether you are in ds or dsi mode
Yep, that's probably true:
artacademy.png

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Homebrew browser? I assume you mean Homebrew Channel, but that ISN'T an exploit. The other two are. The channel itself here isn't the exploit, it is the result of it. Like on the Wii.

EDIT: And even if you can have channels on the SD card on the DSi, I highly doubt they would work if the ticket were not installed on the NAND, so NAND access is necessary at some point I reckon.
Thats what I was saying? This exploit was more useful as it could make way for a DSibrew Channel. Not that the HC was and exploit.
Also, that exploit is useless for all owners of newer DSi's and all XL's.

xx78xx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so when is this exploit going to be released? after everyone has a 3ds? i'll pay money right now!!! but only $50.00 any more i'll just stick to my dstwo....

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
what i really want is a Homebrew Media player (avi, mp4, mp3 etc) that uses the DSi's added RAM, and maybe a SNES and GBA emulator using that as well if that is possible (which i have doubts on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay