DSi and Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by thilixD, Apr 15, 2009.

Apr 15, 2009

DSi and Acekard 2i by thilixD at 8:36 PM (2,084 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. thilixD
    OP

Newcomer thilixD Advanced Member

United States
    I´m planning to buy a DSi in the next week, but i'd like to use it with a flashcard. Is acekard 2i working fine in DSi? Is it blocked or semi-blocked already? is it worth buying an acekard 2i?

2. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    dude ....go for it....ak2i is werkin fine and dsi is grrrreat

sleep well..

3. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    I think you should know that the Acekard 2i isn't the most stable flashcart for the DSi.

4. Blythe31

Member Blythe31 GBAtemp Regular

United States

then, in your opinion, what is?
    I'm incredibly dissatisfied with the market for dsi flashcarts, but the ak2i, while it has its problems, seems the most stable besides some language problems and contact from the teeth to the dsi.

5. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    Actually the best one now is iTouch2 that you can pre-order (it's coming out in 24th April). It's more stable and has an updatable kernel.

6. Malboro

Newcomer Malboro Advanced Member

Finland
    How you can know that iTouch 2 is best? Before you even read any reviews or tested it?

You can't go wrog with acekard 2i, because it's only ~18 usd.

7. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    FYI I agree - I've actually got both Acekard 2i & DSTTi used with both a DSlite & a DSi & currently I'm sticking with the DSTTi

Why ?- well with the Acekard 2i I've had problems with it Freezing on the Health Screen repeatively, Not reading my standard 2Gb SD card on occations, Corrupting SAV files & it even has a SAV format that's not recognised by other programs (If you want to know what I mean - try Acekard 2i 'Animal Crossing Wild World' SAV with 'Animalmap' PC program - you can't use it) & even Shuny Web Converter can't change it to another suitable format , he (Shuny) even told me that it's an unrecognisable format

The DSTTi though - No problems 'seeing' my SD card (even the 8Gb SDHC), No Freezing on health screen, No corrupting SAV files AND it's a format that 'Animalmap' recognises

So if anyone asked ME what card to buy for the DSi (until I try out a EZ Vi) I would recommend getting a DSTTi - it may not have the 'prettiest' interface, or that it doesn't allow 'folder views' - but there are alternatives (Like the 'YSMenu' & 'DSision' combo)

8. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I would wait maybe a few weeks til early May, because by then 2 new well known flashcarts will be out. These will be the M3 Reali, and the iTouch2.

You could get the Acekard2i, but alot of people think it's a rush job and alot of them stop working after a few days.