Gaming DSi 1.4.4u Update Live

farinal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the response from r4i-dshc:
"R4i V1.4 can not work with DSI V1.44/1.43/1.4.2/1.41. You will probably need a new R4i, because the firmware & hardware were changed, R4i V1.4 can not be upgraded to V1.4.4 and we have stopped the work. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you but it's beyond our control."​

farinal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This R4i Gold Plus card looks ilke working with v1.4.4. Here's a video of updating it's firmware I found:

Can I update the card on any other DS lite or DSi with any version installed, right guys?

svarog84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have asked them if they will release firmware for my R4i-SDHC version 1.4.1 and this is what they answered me:
"Pls wait for our later update patiently. We will fix it soon"

farinal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have asked them if they will release firmware for my R4i-SDHC version 1.4.1 and this is what they answered me:

Well I hope they do but they have answered me differently. Perhaps you asked them when they were still trying to update the card but they stopped working on it now.

Also could please anyone answer me what is this thing do: (isn't it same as a mini sd card reader? or could you use it to update your card's firmware without using any other ds?)
http://www.ctrlgames...13189065451.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

svarog84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WEll, this is exact question i have asked them:
"Hi,
i accidentally updated my console to version 1.4.4e and i have R4i SDHC 1.4.1 version of linker. Can i expect a solution soon? Please help"

It seems that you have version 1.4 and that they will not support it, mine is version 1.4.1

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

Well I hope they do but they have answered me differently. Perhaps you asked them when they were still trying to update the card but they stopped working on it now.

Also could please anyone answer me what is this thing do: (isn't it same as a mini sd card reader? or could you use it to update your card's firmware without using any other ds?)
http://www.ctrlgames...13189065451.jpg

That isn't for r4i-sdhc.com carts. It's for r4ids.com carts.

edit: And before you ask no you can't use it on other carts.

edit edit: And before you ask r4ids.com doesn't work on 1.4.4 either.

farinal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, the R4i Gold Plus one works with updated firmware. I posted a video of it earlier. I think I'll buy the 3DS cart of sdhc, there is a guy I found in Turkey sells them with update and he told me they work on 1.4.4. I'll post later to let you guys know if they work or not.

svarog84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what they answered to my friend who has same card:

Q: Hello,
i have R4i card version 1.4.1 and i updated my console on version 1.4.4. Are you working on a fix for this firmware? Can i expect a solution or i must replace my card with newer one? Please help me, thanks

A: We will fix it soon,no need a new card.

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I put it in a DS lite or old DS and then put it in to my DSi it'll open without any problems?

You need to put it into an old DS lite or DS phat that can load it. Once it's loaded you'll be able to update the firmware of your flashcard to what ever new version the makers of your card have released to make it compatable with DSi+DSi XL/LL system menu 1.4.4

Once your flashcard is updated with the lastest and hopefully 1.4.4 compatable firmware it should work when loaded in a DSi+DSi XL/LL.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
AceKard have released and update. You can find it on their website acekard.com. I haven't tested it yet but I'm sure it will work.

It does work.

SMELTN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys new here.. Seen this thread while trying to find out how in the world to get my daughters card to work. We just bought her a DSi tonight. Its running ver. 1.4.4u

We have 2 R4i v1.4.1 cards which work great on our DSL's. When I put it in the DSi, I get that black screen error message which others have stated. Does anyone know how to get this card to work now? I have downloaded R4i V1.57b English from the site. Installed it on the card, put the card in our DSL which it plays just fine on, and then put it in the DSi, but still get the error message.

Thank so much for your help

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What you need is the actual firmware update for the cart. That's NOT the same thing as the updates for playing new games (sites call that "firmware", but it's not). You'll need to download and run the updater file (it comes like a game ROM) from the site, it should be in the same area as the normal software download.

If there is no mention of one, you have to wait until they make one... but pretty much any group that hasn't made one by now won't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom