dsflashcart.com - A Review

The_Wherebare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I brought it up was because I used this email address specifically only for dsflashcart.com, and then it was used to make the bogus amazon account. I thought it would be worth mentioning, because it wasn't a coincidence. :\ Prior to this I've never had this kinda issue with a flash cart site before.

I also didn't have a tracking number, but I previously asked about the additional charges that aren't mentioned on the site. I don't feel like getting confrontational about the fake amazon account, because from what I can tell, the gateway asked for the payment information, not the website. So it was probably the gateway that scammed me.

Dude chill out we get it. You make it seem like everyones attacking and getting on the defensive about it. It's cool you did a good thing by letting us know, thanks.

UPADATE!!!!

Just got my tracking number!
Still in HK but at least I know where it's at and it's out on the street finally lol

My bad for the earlier rants. I'll be sure to write a good review on shoptemp when my package actually gets to me.

Thanks again for everyones help too!!!

Reactions: Ryukouki

The_Wherebare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earlier update.

NEW UPDATE!

So I got an email from Fashionpay yet ANOTHER tracking number.
This one stating that my shipment was shipped yesterday the 24th.
The tracking number I recieved 1st said that it had shipped on the 18th.
Well 1 week later still has the same status of "Accepted" as the very day I got the tracking number.
So I went to USPS and asked them if they had any clue what was going on and they told me
based on the status of my tracking that it HAS NOT EVEN LEFT HONG KONG!!!! They said if it had
then it would have reach L.A, California and would have been scanned after passing through customs.

I honestly do not know what is going on with all this. I so frustrated. I just want my flashcart so I can be done with all this nonsense....

The_Wherebare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW UPDATE!

So I got an email from Fashionpay and they had sent yet ANOTHER tracking number.
This one stating that my shipment was shipped yesterday the 24th.
The tracking number I recieved 1st said that it had shipped on the 18th.
Well 1 week later still has the same status of "Accepted" as the very day I got the tracking number.
So I went to USPS and asked them if they had any clue what was going on and they told me
based on the status of my tracking that it HAS NOT EVEN LEFT HONG KONG!!!! They said if it had
then it would have reach L.A, California and would have been scanned after passing through customs.

I honestly do not know what is going on with all this. I so frustrated. I just want my flashcart so I can be done with all this nonsense....

quickman23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your mail, I sent you a reply.

Update: Thursday Sept 26th:

Steven emailed me and said there was a hold up at the airport. Appears it was taken care of and it's estimated to leave tomorrow. So I guess technically sometime today? Since Hong Kong is pretty far ahead of the US in time zones.

He also said he was going to refund $5 for the inconvenience. Not sure if they'll be able to. I really don't mind the wait, but he might not be able to since my card number changed.

9/30: Showed up in the mail today. Added the firmware, appears to be working the way it should. Adding games now.

Riani

Trophies
XP
Country
I would just like to briefly give my insight on the service and response of this supplier.

I recently purchased an R4i gold pro 2014 for my Dsi and with it I purchased a 2gb Kingston micro ds card.

The item was dispatched within the given limit and I was given a tracking number as described, I didn't have any doubts towards my purchase as the site seemed relatively professional and the details within each page for each card seemed very genuine, it seemed like they were quite knowledgable on the subject.

To begin with, my only complaint was the details given in the tracking, it. Was probably due to my impatience and excitement, I generally got updated once a day on the location of my purchase and as far as I know you're recommended to wait between 10-12 days outside of the US. As I live within the UK I expected such a wait, I got my card within 8-9 days with the tracking service last telling me it had arrived in Heathrow so i was unaware of its arrival until I checked (living in student accom). Upon receiving the card and the SD, they were packaged very well, tightly wrapped, labeled and in good condition.

I then used the cards after formatting and they didn't work, obviously I wasn't sure if they were genuine but due to the impression I got from the website I assumed this was my own personal error.

Now, the main point, normally from these suppliers if it's a scam, they wouldn't reply to your queries or be very uncooperative, this certainly wasn't the case here, I emailed steven about my problem and received a reply on the same day, he simply asked for my problem and went through efforts to help solve them and sent me recommendations (such as trying a new SD card (this was due to the nature of my error, the R4 cars seemed to work but when starting a game it wasn't creating the file denovo.sys, correctly)). I them purchased a new SD cheaply and tried it out today, during the time in awaiting delivery Stephen emailed to check everything was ok on his own accord, I hadn't replied to his previous email.

I replied today upon receiving the card explaining that the cartridge I had received from them is now working perfectly and I have games on there which are functioning as expected.

My point is, first impressions were hit and miss, however after their customer service, quick responses and friendly nature, I really cannot, recommend them as much as they deserve. True there were difficulties but upon searching this seems to be a problem which wasn't their fault at all, steven assured me their cards were previously tested and I trusted him, I'm glad I did, it seems to be the case and if it turns out I need to buy another card for a relative or friend, I will be returning to this source, their delivery and service were both extremely impressive, I hope you all experience the same and I urge you, if you experience any difficulties, contact steven as I am confident he will be as disappointed in lack of service as you and will do all he can to assist you.

Notorious9i6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsflashcart help me with all my issues and problems. Shipping tracking came very fast, and it's nice to have a flash cart site located in the USA. California specially because that's where i currently live from. Steven is a great guy and handle everything properly and overall a nice guy to talk to. He replies fast and is very helpful.

Recommended shop, will be coming back.

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE

Stevennow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
received my r4i gold 3ds card in about 5 days, USA first class mail shipping with great customer service, dsflashcart is the best site to buy flashcarts.

sarslol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered on Wednesday June 25th, and was charged basically immediately. The package status on the site was stuck on "updating", so Friday night I emailed them about it. I also told them that if they did not ship the package by Monday, that I wanted a refund. The response I got was
thanks for your email, sorry there was a system problem on our site, we didn't see your emaill until just now,. have chekced for you, we have sent out your package and your trakcing number is
<tracking number here>
you can get the info online on usps site later after the weekend. thanks and sorry again about it.
I'd be fine with that kind of reply, if that's what happened. So it was given to USPS at a time on or before Saturday according to this email. To get to central US from either coast it should be a 4 or less day trip on even USPS' slowest shipping. Should have been here Thursday if it was actually sent out. It's Friday now and I'm not expecting any deliveries because it's also a holiday. After the general mail arrival time on Thursday, I decided to check the tracking number, and sure enough, it didn't work. Now USPS' tracking system doesn't have the best reputation, but not being found is enough to make me suspect that a label was printed, but a package wasn't shipped. I decided to email about this, asking if maybe the tracking number was mistyped.
hi thanks for your email, have checked for you again, confirmed that the info will be online later soon, if there is still no info on the official site after the weekend , pls just send me a email, i will recheck it for you.
Oh so I'm not being told to expect the package after this amount of time has passed? Just the status is going to update, huh? This certainly sounds like a label was printed and the package was never shipped. As far as I know, there is no magic status update info available to them that is different than what is available to me with that tracking number. There isn't a "confirmed that the info will be online later soon", unless that's because the package wasn't sent out on/before Saturday, as was claimed.

It's still less than two weeks since being charged, so I'm not going to call it theft just yet, but I'll be preparing to initiate a chargeback with my cardholder next week if I don't have sufficient evidence that a package is on its way.

At this time, I highly recommend against shopping from dsflashcart.

UPDATE:
I received my order on the 11th, making it a 16 day wait from ordering. In addition, on my most recent bank statement, there was a separate second charge labeled "TW EXCESS TRANSACTION FEE" from "HTTP://WWW.ZHENGYUWANG BEIJING" (the same recipient of the main order), making the order roughly one dollar more than what the site was saying it would be.

All around an unpleasant experience that sure didn't seem like it shipped from the US, as advertised.

Meisterfrown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Wish I read the reviews on this site before I picked a company to order from.

I have similar issues as other people have mentioned. Ordered on Sunday, card was charged (along with foreign transaction fee) and my account on dsflashcart is still showing order as "updating". Sent 2 emails to them and never received a response. Their website is misleading about the location of the company and how long it takes for orders to process. I do not recommend using this website to order from. If I don't get a response by the end of the week I will have to contact my credit card company and see what can be done.

update:

I finally received an email from Steven stating that they do not have any in stock and Gateway 3DS has recently stopped producing cards and all shops cannot get new stock for past 3 weeks. Since I cannot verify or disprove this, I will take him at his word. Even so, they do not update their stock information on their website. I can't say how good they are for other merchandise offered on their website, but if you are looking for a Gateway card I do not recommend this website. There is also the response by punjabi408 below me. Now I have to worry about whether or not the Gateway card works when I receive it. I will update this post after I receive the cards.

another update:

Received the flashcart and it is in working order. Steve took time to answer my emails when I had issues with tracking numbers or other questions. I still do not recommended using this site. As a customer, I feel relieved that I received my order and it is not defective. IMHO, customers should be satisfied and not relieved, but take that as you will.

punjabi408

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not buy from this seller ever again. I ordered a gateway card had to send email to find out what was going on my order since I never received a tracking number. I found out 2 day later that there were no gateway cards in stock, then a day later I get an email saying my card is shipped. In total it took 3 days after I placed my order to get the card shipped. Then when my card did arrive i tried to see if it works. It did not work so i tried to change SD cards. I'm still trying to deal with Steven to see if I can get another card or fix my card somehow. I really urge you to find a different company to order your cards from.

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have ordered a Gateway 3DS from them, 1 week and still hasn't shipped. Ordered on the 29th of July. I ordered when they were in stock, and in the site they said they were shipping as soon as possible.
Emailed them to know if they still haven't shipped their units and got no response altogether for 2 days. Perhaps they are on vacations, ignoring me, I'm on a blacklist, I have no clue.
Does anyone know what is happening? I'm not going to jump to conclusions right now, but being uninformed is far more worrying than anything else.

ivan5211

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have ordered a Gateway 3DS from them, 1 week and still hasn't shipped. Ordered on the 29th of July. I ordered when they were in stock, and in the site they said they were shipping as soon as possible.
Emailed them to know if they still haven't shipped their units and got no response altogether for 2 days. Perhaps they are on vacations, ignoring me, I'm on a blacklist, I have no clue.
Does anyone know what is happening? I'm not going to jump to conclusions right now, but being uninformed is far more worrying than anything else.

Hi c80n, I ordered the 1st of August and only have in my account the order status processing and payment success from the same day... today August 12 nothing, no email response from Steve. I asked for my tracking number...

Meisterfrown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi c80n, I ordered the 1st of August and only have in my account the order status processing and payment success from the same day... today August 12 nothing, no email response from Steve. I asked for my tracking number...

Steve took about 2 days on average to respond to my emails. Most likely, they do not have any in stock at the time you ordered. When I ordered, they didn't have any in stock and never updated their website to show out of stock or back ordered status. So basically they took your money without being able to provide the merchandise as promised. I was lucky that Gateway manufactured more cards a week after I ordered and dsflashcarts was able to obtain some to fulfill their orders. From the time my order was shipped from Hong Kong, it took about week and a half to receive it. It was stuck in customs for about 2-3 days.

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
UPDATE
I forgot to update my status but basically Steve answered my mail almost 1 week after I sent it. He told me the card was not in stock and offered me a refund...in 2 weeks. I was kinda let down, because not only did he not update the site to reflect the fact that there was no stock of the card, but also because it was the only money I had to buy my card.
1 week later, I got my refund, he gave me 2 more dollars back from the hassle. Thankfully enough a familiar of mine found a store selling the card, in another country, and I managed to get it sooner. It was more expensive, but I think the money was pretty worth it. Card works fine, some hiccups during installation process but nothing major, it is a legit card as well.
Not going to post assumptions or rate the site as I know that these problems might happen in online stores, but the fact that he did not update the store site after sending me the response left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. That's all I'm going to say.

Prince667

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this site still have these problems? I should have read this site before purchasing my gateway. I purchased on the 15th and it has been stuck in updating status since payment cleared. I have a foreign transaction fee on my card now as well.....I e-mailed 3 times and no response yet. I waited 24 hours for 2 /3 e-mails but nothing yet. How'd everyone else get their issues resolved?

Sebastian Cepleanu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! :)

I ordered my R4i Gold from dsflashcart.com on Sunday, October 5th, 2014 because I heard they ship from the U.S. unlike every other R4i retailer I've seen online. They said on their site that they provide free fast next day shipping and that your package will arrive within 2-5 days in the U.S. After coming here I was a little worried after I read all the posts under this thread about how some of you haven't gotten your order until 2-3 weeks, not shipping from the U.S., etc.

Here is my experience so far with their site. I haven't received my item yet, but I will update when I do.

-I purchased the card Sunday, October 5th, 2014.
-Right after purchasing the site told me that my item status was "updating"
-Monday night, I checked the site again, and my order status was still updating. No shipping confirmation yet. On their site, they mention that if you order on the weekends, they will ship out by Monday, so I emailed Steven asking him about my shipping status.
-Tuesday the sites Order Status changed from "updating" to "shipped". So it turns out they ship their packages within 1-2 days of purchasing, which is still pretty good, satisfied so far. However, I have not received a tracking number. I decided to email Steven again, this time asking if he could retrieve my tracking number for me.
-Wednesday I got 2 emails back from Steve, the first one answering my original email, confirming my item was shipped, and the second one giving me my tracking number. It took about 24 hours for him to respond, but still, pretty good customer support Steven! Thank you for updating me on my order and giving me my tracking number.

I entered the tracking number on USPS's tracking site, and sure enough, my item was shipped, plus it was shipped from California, as originally promised by the website! Going Great so far!!

Pic of Order Status on Site
jkf5fn.jpg

Pic of USPS Tracking
2ykl4ar.jpg

So it looks like this site

-Ships from California
-Ships within 1-2 business days
-Provides great and fast customer support within 24 hours

It all looks pretty good so far! Will update when I receive the package. Hopefully all goes well! :)

Pip421

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not buy from dsflashcard.com !!

They made an extra charge to my account for 146.72$ !!
I tried sending them an email at [email protected] but I got a message from mailer daemon that it did not go through. On top of that, the phone # they gave for a contact isn't even the right amount of numbers, like it's Japanese or something.
I called my bank and they told me to take all my money out so they would not be able to charge me any more. Now I either have to get a new card or close my bank account. They said if it was a fraud that I would be accountable for 50$ of it but I could get the rest back.
I am very upset about this..

dudeman316real1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ordered my R4i Gold from dsflashcart.com on 11-22-2015, arrived 11-28-2015, pretty fast shipping (west coast to east coast) and works great, and Steven replied to every one of my emails. A okay in my book.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered a R4i-SDHC RTS 3DS Flashcart today (May 11th, 2016) from DSflashcart.com using the OpenBucks, pay with gift cards payment method.

Will update this post in order to provide new information about both the ordering, delivery, and OpenBucks payment method.

Payment: Using OpenBucks, a went to Subway.com and purchased an eGiftcard for $18 and used it to redeem for a payment certificate which was then sent to DSFlashcart.com for payment. I seem to have 3 separate order numbers for the same item, 2 in Processing and one in Pending. The email confirmation sent for placing my order links to the highest order number which says Processing. Little confusing.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They took 1.5 weeks (not 24 hours) just to ship my stuff. Furthermore, they took 1.5 weeks to email a tracking number they promised to send within 24 hours. The site seems very unreliable - they lost all user accounts created from 11-14 to 11-24 because of a supposed server crash.

When I actually get what I ordered, I'll update this post with product performance and impressions.

In short:

- Over 1.5 weeks to ship product (not within 24 hours).
- Over 1.5 weeks to receive tracking number (not within 24 hours).
- Over 1.5 weeks to receive product (not within five business days).
- Stonewalled and told me my stuff was on the way - it wasn't.
- Lost my account data.

- Free shipping is a plus.
- Quick response to email communication.
- Based in Riverside, CA.

I wouldn't recommend the store. Stick with nds-card.com, which actually sponsors GBATemp.
So I pre-ordered SX PRO from these guys. By the time I found this thread I figured I would just wait as no one would have any.
order.jpg

They were under USA on xecuter's reseller list
Not only are they not but the product page is no longer there
shipping.png

So ya Im glad I didnt cancel and if you dont mind the waiting they will ship

Pro
  • they shipped item
Cons
  • This company has NO customer service
  • Doesn't ship from US
  • Unsure website
So i know this whole thread's combined experience is similar to above but figured to people that do read this will give more insight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...