E.Chu

Desu.
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They took 1.5 weeks (not 24 hours) just to ship my stuff. Furthermore, they took 1.5 weeks to email a tracking number they promised to send within 24 hours. The site seems very unreliable - they lost all user accounts created from 11-14 to 11-24 because of a supposed server crash.

When I actually get what I ordered, I'll update this post with product performance and impressions.

In short:

- Over 1.5 weeks to ship product (not within 24 hours).
- Over 1.5 weeks to receive tracking number (not within 24 hours).
- Over 1.5 weeks to receive product (not within five business days).
- Stonewalled and told me my stuff was on the way - it wasn't.
- Lost my account data.

- Free shipping is a plus.
- Quick response to email communication.
- Based in Riverside, CA.

I wouldn't recommend the store. Stick with nds-card.com, which actually sponsors GBATemp.

Lehman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was SUPER skeptical at first. like damn, i might be losing 20 bucks by doing this... but i took a chance. at first i was like what have i done?? the whole thing got me SCARED. but the guy i talked to, Steven, was great. he reassured me of everything and promised me a great buy. and so it was! got it in the mail a few days ago and now i'm playing all my old DS games like crazy. US based site, great customer service, nice people, and 100% trust worthy. Received it in about 5 days, not bad.

have you talked to Steven about your order, E, Chu. He is admin of the dslfahscart.com! For my experience, this site is reliable.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've dealt with them in the past, and haven't experienced any of the things you've talked about. I ordered a X360USBPro v2 from them and it got here pretty quick, but I have heard they've been having some technical issues.

(A+ from me for the fast shipping, and no hassle.)

NDS_MI_Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All orders are being shipped one by one since Monday. All of our customers will receive tracking information as soon as we send out the packages. US customers can expect them in 3-4 Business days.

This is simply not true. I placed my order three days ago and haven't heard from you since you charged my credit card. I've emailed twice now and haven't gotten a response. If my order isn't here on Monday I'll be calling the credit card company to figure out the next steps in reversing the charges, and keeping an eye on my statements because I'm pretty sure I got scammed.

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated: They came through big time. Took longer than expected to ship, but STILL managed to arrive by the 24th, Christmas eve!

sbihue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a AceKart 2i (for 1.4.1U and above - upto 1.4.3) and they mailed me the R4 Gold. I had specifically asked them in the send a Genuine AceKart 2i as I would verify the serial and if if they didn't have it, issue a refund. They instead shipped a cheaper card, the one I did not specifically want.
Their order tracking stinks and no way to check other than waiting on an email from them (Steven is the one responding for now)

I have sent and email and will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

Lucy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsflashcart.com - Review

I bought a R4i Gold 3DS card on Jan 13 and received on Jan 22. No tracking information was given. They claimed US seller, but the payment transaction was through international. I was charged 81 cents more than I should pay. I write a review on dsflashcarts.com on Jan 23 under my name Lucy. It did not appear on the website right after I submit my review. Several days later when I go back to check my review, it turned out that they altered my review by only used my first sentence and changed the receiving date from Jan 22 to Jan 20. They also changed my rating from 1 star to 3 star. They cut my complaining and add the "Card working great!". My son did not try the card yet before I wrote my review.

nicholas JJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Received my card from dsflashcart today, here is my experience!

Pros

Shipping from USA, received my r4i gold card in about 4 days.
Card per-flashed as promised, working great on my 3DS V4.5.0-10.
Awesome customer service, reply email fast, Steven is the knowledgeable and helpful staff ,

Cons

Tracking number came a little late, received the USPS tracking number and package at the same time.
Same as Lucy, charged 81 cents more, emailed them, got the reply from Steven, was told the over charged is the international transaction fee because they are using a Chinese payment gateway. They refunded me 1USD and solved the problem.

Overall, still can recommend them, they are good compared to the other sites i bought from. Plan to buy one more soon. By the way, have checked other sites, currently most of the Chinese sites are closed during the Chinese Spring Festival.

phreak9i6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered an R4i Wood for my 3ds. Card shipped from HongKong. I'm skeptical they ship anything from the US.

Also advertized to work with 6.1.0.11U, doesn't work at all. Pretty sure card is DOA. I highly doubt they "test" all the cards before shipping them as well. Really disappointed, support won't reply to emails (it's been almost a week now). Going to have to do a chargeback on my credit card... STAY AWAY.

thecrowing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pros
Shipping from USA, received my r4i gold card in about 4 days.

Card shipped from HongKong. I'm skeptical they ship anything from the US
. . . .
Also advertized to work with 6.1.0.11U, doesn't work at all. Pretty sure card is DOA. I highly doubt they "test" all the cards before shipping them as well. Really disappointed, support won't reply to emails (it's been almost a week now). Going to have to do a chargeback on my credit card... STAY AWAY.

Hmm. I ordered 7/13. Checked the tracking today - hasn't left HONG KONG yet. Tracking says it went through sorting facility there this morning. Having the same experience as phreak9i6 thus far. Now I'm worried. Ordered a DSTWO. If it's dead on arrival, or isn't already flashed for 6.1.0.11U - which I specifically emailed "Steven" about and he assured me - then I'm screwed and out 40-odd bucks.

Their site says: "Fast Shipping. Since we are based in the US, we ship through USPS, which lowers shipping costs and allows your orders to be delivered very quickly."
I fail to see how my order place on 7/13 and being in a sorting facility in HONG KONG on 7/19 constitutes fast shipping. It's on the other side of the world, 6 days after I ordered it. Oh well. At this point, I guess I can just pray that it actually arrives, and if it does, that it will actually work with my firmware. I'm hoping for it to arrive by August 1st.

Reactions: The_Wherebare

japsr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I ordered 7/13. Checked the tracking today - hasn't left HONG KONG yet. Tracking says it went through sorting facility there this morning. Having the same experience as phreak9i6 thus far. Now I'm worried. Ordered a DSTWO. If it's dead on arrival, or isn't already flashed for 6.1.0.11U - which I specifically emailed "Steven" about and he assured me - then I'm screwed and out 40-odd bucks.

Their site says: "Fast Shipping. Since we are based in the US, we ship through USPS, which lowers shipping costs and allows your orders to be delivered very quickly."
I fail to see how my order place on 7/13 and being in a sorting facility in HONG KONG on 7/19 constitutes fast shipping. It's on the other side of the world, 6 days after I ordered it. Oh well. At this point, I guess I can just pray that it actually arrives, and if it does, that it will actually work with my firmware. I'm hoping for it to arrive by August 1st.

This company is a total rip-off. I originally started emailing with Steven, who at first was helpful and responded to my questions regarding card selection, but after I placed my order and they got my money things changed. They did not ship my card at all. They over charged my card by 75 cents. Their payment system is foreign not USA based. I doubt they are really in the USA as their products are shipped from Asia. They did not respond to any of my emails either directly to "Steven" and/or their web site. Everything they claim on their web site is a lie! They also change all posts on there site. I filed a bad report and they changed it to make it look like I was happy with the service. I have and will continue to file complaints with all legalities available and posting where I can so more people don't get ripped off like many of us. My payment was made through Visa and they are also investigating this group! Visa is crediting my account. One thing I learned is if the site doesn’t accept normal payment terms like, Pay pal, MasterCard, American Express, Etc… they are probably not legit!!!! Hopefully things work out better for you.

The_Wherebare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently ordered a R4i Gold 3DS from them Tuesday the 17th of this month.
I have yet to receive a tracking number but I did receive a order confirmation from
fashionpay.com and they took out an additional 80 some odd cents from me too.
Later I got an email from [email protected]:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your payment via FASHIONPAY.
Just taking 1 minutes for short investigation in order to offer better service for you.

Order details:
Merchant Order NO.: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Transaction time: xxxxxxxxx
Amount: 18.0USD

Question:
Could you please tell us the site/url you buy the products?

BR.
FASHIONPAY LTD.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent them the URL of dsflashcart.com (still no reply from that email btw)

Then afterwords I got a reply from "steven" who was replying to my email that said "You guys are US based, but you don't actually ship from the US do you?"

He replyed:

thanks for your email. Sorry currently we temporarily changed our
shipping method and shipped order from HK for recent orders, because
last week we received a warning message that shipping and selling the
flashcart is not 100% legal in USA, to avoid the law problem, we moved
the shipping to HongKong, but we used a faster shipping method for all
orders, this shipping method will take about 5-7 days to USA, only one
or two days slower than shipping from US. we think this is better for
customers though cost more. Hope you understand. Will make sure it
will arrive asap.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

I then told them about the email I received from from riskmanagement and if i should be worried and I have still haven yet
to receive a reply from this "steven" fella. My email was sent last night around 10ish pm.

So lets add up all the things that are NOT true about this site so far.

• Ships from the U.S.A
  • All the customer emails will be replied to in 24 hours, usually in less than 12 hours
  • All orders will be sent out within 24 hours. (No idea since I have yet to get a tracking #)
  • After we send out your order, we will email you the shipping receipt in 24 hours. (This only applies if my order HAS been shipped)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I just hope that it actually gets to me. I also wish that they would be more communicative with their consumers. I will be posting updates on this thread as they come in.

quickman23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I normally wouldn't do this, but since this is important I will post about it.

Be very mindful of this site. I just had someone charged me a fraudulent amazon charge on the debit card I used for my order using dsflashcart.com. I believe it was relating to this site. I cancelled the card before anymore damage could be done, but they ordered two xbox live cards. For some reason they used my email address too, which was pretty confusing.

Let Me Repeat:
THEY MAY USE YOUR CARD INFORMATION, MY CARD WAS CHARGED UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES

I can't verify that it was the site owners, but this is the only site I've used this email for purchases before. So I know it was relating from this site. I'm not even sure I'll get my order at this point, so I'll likely try to get the charge refunded as well.

I also received the same email The_Wherebare received, but I didn't ask the site about it, I just asked if it was necessary. I also asked about the hidden charges using the contact form on dsflashcart, but never received anything regarding it.

Reactions: The_Wherebare

The_Wherebare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thats so outrageous. When did you place your order and when were the amazon charges put on to you card?
Like you quickman23 I have yet to get a reply to this email that I sent yesterday:

I ordered an R4i Gold 3DS from you guys on Sept.17th At about 11am. You state that orders placed on weekdays ship within 24hrs and I will get a tracking number when they do so. So my first question is, where is my tracking number? Second, I received and email from [email protected] saying that they are doing a short investigation to better my service and asked me "Could you please tell us the site/url you buy the products?" I gave them you site, but what is that even about? Now Lastly, You state it would be $18 FLAT and I was charge an extra eighty some cent, I do not like money being taken out with out the knowledge of what it's being used for, where did my money go? I would appreciate if you would be prompt with your reply, I would hate to cancel my order, but it wouldn't be the first time I ever did with a Flashcart site.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ p

The payment for my flashcart officially went through yesterday. And I have checked my statements and no shady activity has been noticed yet. I am about to call my bank let them know that if there is any suspicious activity on my account to hold the charge and call me as soon as possible. Thanks for the heads up quickman23. Update us please on your order and I'll do the same, please and thank you.

quickman23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mine on the same day, and it was also labeled shipped the same day.

The charges were placed on my card today. I got an email in my yahoo account about it, and sure enough the was a pending charge on my card. Couldn't cancel it so I had to file a claim against it, but I got my money back. And a new card.

Also the site doesn't use ssl/https, which i didn't realize until now but it's a big security risk.

I'm also saying it's possible that it wasn't that site who did it, because they may not even handle the banking information, that 3rd party fashionpay does. It could've been someone from there. But my credit union generally flags it if it's out of the country. So I'm wondering what's up.

The_Wherebare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see. It looks like I may be safe then, although I can't be very certain. Was wondering did yours say it was shipping from HongKong too?

Mmm ok. I called my bank and told them that this had happen and that I may be susceptible to this too so they gave me reassurance that
if this does happen that I will be notified immediately and the transaction would be stopped before processing ever begins. When you say
you got your money back do you mean for just the stuff that they bought on amazon?

Yeah I agree with you there, maybe someone that works with fashionpay just tried to see if they could pull a fast and get away with it.

The_Wherebare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Just recieved an email about 30 minutes ago saying that my package has now moved to the "Shipped" status, so much for next day shipping...
Still no tracking number though or reply to my prior emails.

2cik4n4.png

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Just recieved an email about 30 minutes ago saying that my package has now moved to the "Shipped" status, so much for next day shipping...
Still no tracking number though or reply to my prior emails.

2cik4n4.png

Hey man, I'd recommend being a bit patient with them. They're not going to run off with your money or your goods. I'll ask Steven about the shipping issues and see what he has to say about that though. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.