Homebrew DSCreator - New DS Game Maker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need the help.. Go to romhacking site and they might take a look at it and help you resolve the problem with save/load stuff.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skullcollector said:
Nah because I can't figure out how to Save/Load.. thats why I stopped making it.

... and this is probably why you cant finish you're other projects.
Thats not a very good attitude for a programmer (if you call
yourself one anyways).

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
zeromac said:
matthew123 said:
I wish you had finished it as I simply cannot buy ds game maker
Lol pretty sure one of the IRC users here hacked DSgamemaker to make it free just to have some fun
tongue.gif
.Net framework applications are really easy to reverse engineer and hack
smile.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Noitora said:
zeromac said:
matthew123 said:
I wish you had finished it as I simply cannot buy ds game maker
Lol pretty sure one of the IRC users here hacked DSgamemaker to make it free just to have some fun
tongue.gif
.Net framework applications are really easy to reverse engineer and hack
smile.gif

Because they can be decompiled almost exactly as the original source code was minus any comments
tongue.gif

DSGameMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsgamemaker.com
XP
Country
Yes. In DSGM, when decompiled, the syntax is of course intact, but the variables are all changed to random ASCII characters. Thus, it is 99% impossible to figure out how it works.

QUOTE said:
slight vendetta against the maker of DSGameMaker that hacks the program and distributes it.
*hacked. As of V4.0+, as I said above, it is very hard to work out the registration mechanism.

To really deter people from homebrew, I could increase the price like Game Maker for PC or even more like large development tools. But I do not do this.

D

Deleted_171835

Nice. Hopefully, it'll turn out to be good. I can't be arsed to purchase DSGameMaker when I could make a game for free the normal way.

I won't pirate DSGameMaker because he's contributing to the homebrew community and it'll (imo) be immoral to purchase something that'll (hopefully) benefit us as a whole.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
DSGameMaker said:
Yes. In DSGM, when decompiled, the syntax is of course intact, but the variables are all changed to random ASCII characters. Thus, it is 99% impossible to figure out how it works.

QUOTE said:
slight vendetta against the maker of DSGameMaker that hacks the program and distributes it.
*hacked. As of V4.0+, as I said above, it is very hard to work out the registration mechanism.

To really deter people from homebrew, I could increase the price like Game Maker for PC or even more like large development tools. But I do not do this.

maybe but your website is piss easy to hack and get a valid registration key for free
tongue.gif

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
DSGameMaker said:

QUOTE said:

maybe but your website is piss easy to hack and get a valid registration key for free
tongue.gif

Wish I knew how to do that! As I simply cannot buy it!

Anyway I hope DS Creator will turn out even better.

Also The guy with the vendetta it ninpyre

jeremy506

Some dude.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Maybe in a few months when my program gets proffesional, I might charge people money for a Pro version ?

Because no one likes spending countless hours making something and handing it out free.

How does 2.99 sound?

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Skullcollector said:
Maybe in a few months when my program gets proffesional, I might charge people money for a Pro version ?

Because no one likes spending countless hours making something and handing it out free.

How does 2.99 sound?

If you did that, what would make this different to DSGameMaker?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Placeholder said:
Skullcollector said:

How does 2.99 sound?

I'm more curious about who would actually buy it...

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
Placeholder said:
Skullcollector said:

How does 2.99 sound?

Haha I totally agree.

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Skullcollector said:
Perhaps someone who wants to make DS games? Just a guess.

SignZ said:

boy, make it opensource... the homebrew scene is meant to make useful things and show your skills, not steal oter people's money with homemade apps...

besides...

QUOTE(Placeholder @ Feb 14 2010, 11:28 AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P