DS #XXXX: Shaymin Distribution Cart (USA)

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
LiangJai said:
MicShadow said:
blu9987 said:
i work at toys r us and i remember tons of kids coming in to download the pokemon. The nerdy older guys were funny too.

lol i know, I worked at Target the days the Deoxys distribution, and seeing the masses of little kids and their families hanging around with their DS'es. Rather amusing I must say

How do people find out about these distros? I have never even heard of them.
They're usually spread all over the internet. How could you not have heard about them? xD

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LiangJai said:
MicShadow said:
blu9987 said:
i work at toys r us and i remember tons of kids coming in to download the pokemon. The nerdy older guys were funny too.

lol i know, I worked at Target the days the Deoxys distribution, and seeing the masses of little kids and their families hanging around with their DS'es. Rather amusing I must say

How do people find out about these distros? I have never even heard of them.

At my work there was some flyers, and some ads on the local morning cartoon show thingo

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we all know its a hack, with Chams help we can prove its a hack but that was deleted from gbatemp for
"legal" reasons.

No one has the rom anyway because its not actually out. We need to just chill with the chat.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol found it finally after long hard work!(not really)but i've got 2 of the same roms,which one is it?(just how large it is will do,ty)

leslieliang

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
hova1 said:
when i was your age, there where only 151 Pokemons

Exactly, I miss those times. The original 150 FTW
I was about 6 years old when they had only 150. I still remember Blue, Red, Yellow and the Japanese Green version. When every boy in school had a GameBoy with Pokemon of some version. Good old days. I miss being a kid!
frown.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm, why'd this get so many replies?

LiangJai said:
Sstew said:
hova1 said:
when i was your age, there where only 151 Pokemons

Exactly, I miss those times. The original 150 FTW
I was about 6 years old when they had only 150. I still remember Blue, Red, Yellow and the Japanese Green version. When every boy in school had a GameBoy with Pokemon of some version. Good old days. I miss being a kid!
frown.gif
I remember that too... everyone had Pokemon except me!
sad.gif

billz29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Zerrix said:
coolbho3000 said:
I'm 100% certain that this is a hacked Deoxys ROM, and not the real deal.

Well, I don't think so...
Well, I'm 100% sure.
smileipb2.png

lecture.gif
If you split the file into its component pieces and look at them in a hex editor, you'll note that it differs from the Deoxys distro only in the wondercard data, the person who hacked the Deoxys distro didn't even bother changing the name internally. I've created my own distros for most of the US and Japan events, using the splice 'n dice technique, but since it annoyed me to have it come up with an incorrect info in the ROM list, I at least took the time to create plausible info to replace "AARE" and the "Deoxys Distribution 2008", and they were only for my use! NTR-AARE-USA is the cart name for the Deoxys Distribution cart, AARE will not appear an any other US cart name.
If anybody hears of the other distros being dumped, I'm sure there are many others besides myself who'll be very glad. It's a completism thing for the demo carts more than anything, since the hacked ROM in essence does everything the real deal would. Hence the confusion regarding the fact that this is only a ROM hack. Anyone downloading the Shaymin on a second DS wouldn't even know there was a difference, because from that end, there really isn't. Just my 2 cents! (I was really bummed to see this was fake!)

E

Emula

well i just managed to get my hands on this supposedly fake xxxx rom
no i am not gone upload it here if u want it go find it on the usenets

figured i might aswell use it and see if it works

indicated that the days posted on the comercial from toys r us between 8 and 14 feb 2010
no response on either of the dates

checked around teh interwebz
to see if there are reversed dates for different countrys

found out germany had this in 2009
date region from April 25 to May 17, 2009

checked and worked with those dates

Internal name is indeed wrong so indicated that this is a fake card made to look real
NTR-Y5XP-EUR
i have no idea what it should be but reading previous replays the names NTR-AARE-EUR show up so i guess thats what it should be

no idea if this may help anyone or not but this is confirmed on the xxxx rom that i now own

Source

D

Deleted_171835

Emula said:
well i just managed to get my hands on this supposedly fake xxxx rom
no i am not gone upload it here if u want it go find it on the usenets

figured i might aswell use it and see if it works

indicated that the days posted on the comercial from toys r us between 8 and 14 feb 2010
no response on either of the dates

checked around teh interwebz
to see if there are reversed dates for different countrys

found out germany had this in 2009
date region from April 25 to May 17, 2009

checked and worked with those dates

Internal name is indeed wrong so indicated that this is a fake card made to look real
NTR-Y5XP-EUR
i have no idea what it should be but reading previous replays the names NTR-AARE-EUR show up so i guess thats what it should be

no idea if this may help anyone or not but this is confirmed on the xxxx rom that i now own

Source

Cool story, bro.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!