DS #XXXX: PokÃmon Distribution Cart 2 2011 (USA)

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
The NFO can't be right; there was never a shiny Celebi event, and if this is the one with the shiny beasts on it then that was leaked way back before the event began.

If this is the second Celebi distro cart, on the other hand, then I'm interested.
Pingouin7 said:
It's the second one, it's even specified.He is right. I asked this earlier in this very thread.
Poryhack said:
gumbyx84 said:
What is the difference between this and Pokémon Distribution Cart 2011? Both NFOs say all four Pokemon (Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi) are on the cart. Is this one from the Celebi Tour or Gamestop? The NFO doesn't specify.
For some reason Gamestop didn't use the original one for celebi (but they did for the dogs) and instead got in a new card that is identical to the ones used at the Celebi Tour. So, technically it is both.

QUOTE(Hozu @ Mar 6 2011, 11:47 PM)
Note that this is the legal Celebi, it has the OT name of WIN2011 instead of GAMESTP. The GAMESTP Celebi wasn't given away thus making it illegal.
QUOTE(Pingouin7 @ Mar 6 2011, 11:55 PM)
You don't know what you're talking about.
See here.
Legality is weird on this one. Technically it is legal as it came from a Nintendo distribution cart, but seeing as said card was, for lack of a better term, "recalled" anything from said cart could be considered illegal. After reading over the thread you linked to, I'm starting to think Nintendo might consider the GAMESTP Celebi illegal. Then again, some stores might not have gotten the cart in enough time or swapped it out for the old one, so there could be GAMESTP Celebis out there that were gotten legitimately. Only way we can be sure is to contact Nintendo about it (which I doubt any of us will) or wait until the next Pokemon Stadium series game comes out and see it if doesn't turn into a bad egg.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would run a test myself, but I can't find this file anywhere. Can someone compare the CRC32 of this to the other 2011 Dist cart? I bet it's the same game with a new sticker lol.

D

Deleted-236924

No, it isn't.
This one is the Mall Tour distribution cart (Also used by Gamestop to distribute Celebi)

The other distribution cart has the shiny Beasts, this one doesn't.
The other distribution cart has OT GAMESTP, this one has OT WIN2011.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Long story short.
Earlier Distro cart Celebi = You're special now.
This Distro = Seconds!
biggrin.gif

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some hunting to do, then again, I'll do it in the morning.

Reactions: 1 person

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been hunting and still cant find this. so the question i have is, can i get both celebi's or do they share the same wondercard number? anyone know?

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drizzt8886 said:
this doesnt seem to work for my black version. what am I doing wrong?

The distribution cart is NOT for Black/White. This works with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver. After you get the mystery gift there, you then can transfer the shiny beasts/celebi via a transfer machine you'll get in Black/White later in the game.

QUOTEBeen hunting and still cant find this. so the question i have is, can i get both celebi's or do they share the same wondercard number? anyone know?

I'm sure the Gamestop/WIN2011 Celebi will be treated the same, much like the Gamestop beasts and the Wifi version were.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir VG said:
drizzt8886 said:
this doesnt seem to work for my black version. what am I doing wrong?

The distribution cart is NOT for Black/White. This works with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver. After you get the mystery gift there, you then can transfer the shiny beasts/celebi via a transfer machine you'll get in Black/White later in the game.

QUOTEBeen hunting and still cant find this. so the question i have is, can i get both celebi's or do they share the same wondercard number? anyone know?

I'm sure the Gamestop/WIN2011 Celebi will be treated the same, much like the Gamestop beasts and the Wifi version were.
I know for a fact you can't have the old Dist cart's Celebi and the EU Celebi Tour's Celebi. It's probably going to remain that way.

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
Wombo Combo said:
Why not just use Pokesave?
Some people want the distro cart for archival purposes, others want it so they can redistribute the event 'mon easily amongst their friends (even though sendPKM does that too, the actual cart is more "legit", I suppose) and others just want it for shits and giggles.

kompact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So it's ok for a GBATEMP staff member to take a cheap shot at some one but not ok for me to call him on it? How is that "crying"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN