OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I put a review of the DSXtreme hardware at the following:

DSX Review+Hardware

I got banned from the DSX forums for putting this information up there and trying to open a topic of homebrew firmware for the DSX.

R....

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if you and a crack team of programmers can come up with a decent firmware update, that'd be hella impressive!

I wish I had the time
wink2.gif

The links provided to the Cypress Chipset info have downloads of a reference firmware and source for the USB controller.
The FPGA is another thing....

R...

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guess we'll never know because it looks like the thread was deleted, I can't find it any place.

What did you do? Usually they'll close a topic, so you must have done something to warrant special treatment.

Of course, I'm not one to take people at their word who write "let's just say..." then fail to elaborate.

By the way, the images from that post won't show if you aren't registered to their message board.

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after this comment im not going to discuss this.... You haven't provided the full story 
wink.gif
  Lets just say you didn't get banned for that.

Err.... as far as I am aware I did?

lecture.gif

I tried to give the forum members the information, my post was removed (no reason given)

I then created a new post trying to start a homebrew firmware topic and hey presto banned....

Oh I did post the information again in some moaning thread (not my thread) in the hope others might get interested in the hardware and self support rather then bitching about the lack of support!

Really absurd, removing information that encourages others to experiment, dont you think?
Ironic also that hardware based on the reverse engineering knowledge of others does not like the eye on itself...

"after this comment im not going to discuss this"
Also a really strange attitude not to engauge in constructive dialog!

The hardware review does show what a really decent piece of kit the DSX is.
Programmable USB Controller..
Programmable FPGA..
The only problem is the lack of firmware and software applications to take advantage.

from DS-X Guru aug 12th 2006 (DSX Launch Quote)
"Homebrew Developers
While the DS-Xtreme surely will play your backups, it is in no way "just another backup" Cartridge.
Homebrew Developers rejoice! I am able to reveal one BIG step forward, that makes the DS-Xtreme even a nice Unit for You!
So without further delay, i can now reveal that the DS-Xtreme officially supports: USB Debugging (alas i can not reveal more about this feature at the present time)"

R....

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess we'll never know because it looks like the thread was deleted, I can't find it any place.

What did you do? Usually they'll close a topic, so you must have done something to warrant special treatment.

Of course, I'm not one to take people at their word who write "let's just say..." then fail to elaborate.

By the way, the images from that post won't show if you aren't registered to their message board.

I just posted the information in my, "Under The Hood" review, and tried to encourage others to start some self help with regards to firmware.

Very Bizzare
unsure.gif

R...

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is the message you recieve when trying to log into the forums :

QUOTE said:
"banned for 2 weeks! why are you posting things mods have already deleted! When you know fine well they don't want you to post them
wink.gif
Also please don't try to post the same subject more than once"

This is the comment you got banned for:

QUOTE said:
"It would be quite Ironic if this post gets removed (like it did last night). Since the DSX cart is based on the reverse engineering efforts of other!
So much for the supporting the Homebrew community?"

Another mod deleted your post (not me) So then you reposted what he deleted and clearly knew some of the ds-x mods didn't want you to post that! Now lets take a look at the ds-x rules :

One common question moderators get involves deleted threads, such as the whos, whats, whens, wheres, and most importantly perhaps, why. Unlike a thread being locked, a deleted thread will disappear completely leaving no trace or message to explain why it was deleted.

Deletion is usually saved for when a thread is too far gone into trouble to salvage, when it is almost complete spam, or when it is obscene or highly inappropriate to start with. As such, it is most often obvious why a thread was deleted and doesn't usually need further clarification.

What NOT to do.
There are a few things to remember NOT to do when you have a question about a deleted thread:

# Do NOT post a new thread to ask why your thread was deleted.
This will just be considered spam and will be locked or deleted.

# Do not repost your thread until you get a moderator's OK.
Reposting your thread without finding out why it was deleted may land you in hot water. Threads are deleted for a reason and until you discuss it with a moderator, it should not be reposted.

Now tell me why you think your "2 week" ban was uncalled for? Also I was prepared to discuss it as my freetime on gbatemp isn't to point this out to you! If you felt unhappy about your post being deleted on the forums you should have pmed a mod. I'm not sure if you know how forums work but if you done that on any other forum im sure they would give you a ban also.

I would prefer to talk about this in a pm, if you think your ban was uncalled for you can come and speak to me about it afterall thats what im there for.

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, doesnt really answer why a moderator saw fit to remove a decent informative thread?

The hardware review does show what a really decent piece of kit the DSX is.
Programmable USB Controller..
Programmable FPGA..
The only problem is the lack of firmware and software applications to take advantage.

QUOTE said:
from DS-X Guru aug 12th 2006 (DSX Launch Quote)
"Homebrew Developers
While the DS-Xtreme surely will play your backups, it is in no way "just another backup" Cartridge.
Homebrew Developers rejoice! I am able to reveal one BIG step forward, that makes the DS-Xtreme even a nice Unit for You!
So without further delay, i can now reveal that the DS-Xtreme officially supports: USB Debugging (alas i can not reveal more about this feature at the present time)"

R....

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I can't really answer for that(as I didn't remove it) but I wouldn't have removed it. Thats why you should pm us if your post is removed then we can sort something out
smile.gif
We do make mistakes sometimes and therefore are open to discuss deleted threads. I can look into why your post got deleted and then if i find out anything I will pm you on he ds-x forums.

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can't really answer for that(as I didn't remove it) but I wouldn't have removed it. Thats why you should pm us if your post is removed then we can sort something out
smile.gif
We do make mistakes sometimes and therefore are open to discuss deleted threads. I can look into why your post got deleted and then if i find out anything I will pm you on he ds-x forums.

Many thanks for the reply.

R...

reveng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

Still Banned from the DSX forums as of 19th Dec 2007.........
So any PM's on the DSX forums cant be accessed!!!

R.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.