GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do remember that most of the crew if not all are from the UK if i look at their profile which means its 00:24 over there right now and im pretty sure the revieuwers also have a daytime job
wink.gif
Cut em some slack
smile.gif
Actually I quit my dayjob!
laugh.gif
But that doesn't mater, the fact is I'm not nocturnal. I need sleep.

But onwards with the review.

The__B

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

JonathanNash

Trophies
XP
Country
I think gbatemp need to redefine their definition of the word "soon"

I think you need to say what you mean! You have a problem?
They get the cart and the review isn't up 10 hours later and you think that isn't "soon" enough to be called soon!?

Gee guys, hurry up and finish that review as the first time posters are getting angry!
rolleyes.gif

Oh please, do yourself a favour and grow some balls. My one line semi-joking post made you weep yourself into a daze? I recommend you lock yourself in a room for the rest of your life so as the cruel cruel impatient world doesn't offend your cute little kitten ears any further.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think this is an impressive piece of equipment but I am gonna stick with what I originally planned to buy which is an M3 Lite.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good impressions so far huh...I might consider one, but maybe after a price drop..(124 CDN..yikes)
I can't see a single damn thing wrong with that price. I paid more than that for a 256mbit GBA flash cart a couple years ago. Hell I paid almost that much for my M3 SD + Passkey 2.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think gbatemp need to redefine their definition of the word "soon"

I think you need to say what you mean! You have a problem?
They get the cart and the review isn't up 10 hours later and you think that isn't "soon" enough to be called soon!?

Gee guys, hurry up and finish that review as the first time posters are getting angry!
rolleyes.gif

Oh please, do yourself a favour and grow some balls. My one line semi-joking post made you weep yourself into a daze? I recommend you lock yourself in a room for the rest of your life so as the cruel cruel impatient world doesn't offend your cute little kitten ears any further.

I'm not going to bite... Thanks for the compliment on the ears though
wub.gif

QUOTE(deadmon @ Oct 16 2006, 07:48 PM)Good impressions so far huh...I might consider one, but maybe after a price drop..(124 CDN..yikes)
I can't see a single damn thing wrong with that price. I paid more than that for a 256mbit GBA flash cart a couple years ago. Hell I paid almost that much for my M3 SD + Passkey 2.
I agree AshuraZero, the price is fairly cheap for what you get in comparison to nintendo hardware/software prices.
I mean I would love it if Nintendo brought out something like this (obviously without the ability to play commercial ROMs) but wouldn't expect it to have all the functionality or be cheaper.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do both shaun and costello have a DS-X?

Edit: And yes, the DS-X is not overpriced. The EZFA for the GBA was about the same price and the EZFA is like the DS-X of the GBA. A lot of you are just too used to $50 flashmes and stuff.

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damn, with all these Slot 1 flashcarts will ROMS still always be compatible with Slot 2+Passcard flashcarts?
Only time will tell. I'm more worried about getting ongoing support for my DS-Link.
I'm sure the M3/G6 series will be well supported in the future and I'm fairly confident the same will be true for EZFlash and Supercard. We'll just have to wait to find that one out.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
makes me wonder, if they have a product that's this good (and it does seem genuinely excellent from what i've seen) why did they bother with all those shady tactics earlier on?

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
makes me wonder, if they have a product that's this good (and it does seem genuinely excellent from what i've seen) why did they bother with all those shady tactics earlier on?
My only assumption is that they had a marketing consultant on staff. Bill hicks put it well:

"By the way if anyone here is in advertising or marketing... kill yourself. No, no, no it's just a little thought. I'm just trying to plant seeds. Maybe one day, they'll take root - I don't know. You try, you do what you can. Kill yourself. Seriously though, if you are, do. Aaah, no really, there's no rationalisation for what you do and you are Satan's little helpers, Okay - kill yourself - seriously. You are the ruiner of all things good, seriously. No this is not a joke, you're going, "there's going to be a joke coming," there's no fucking joke coming. You are Satan's spawn filling the world with bile and garbage. You are fucked and you are fucking us. Kill yourself. It's the only way to save your fucking soul, kill yourself. Planting seeds. I know all the marketing people are going, "he's doing a joke... there's no joke here whatsoever. Suck a tail-pipe, fucking hang yourself, borrow a gun from a Yank friend - I don't care how you do it. Rid the world of your evil fucking machinations. I know what all the marketing people are thinking right now too, "Oh, you know what Bill's doing, he's going for that anti-marketing dollar. That's a good market, he's very smart." Oh man, I am not doing that. You fucking evil scumbags! "Ooh, you know what Bill's doing now, he's going for the righteous indignation dollar. That's a big dollar. A lot of people are feeling that indignation. We've done research - huge market. He's doing a good thing." Godammit, I'm not doing that, you scum-bags!

Quit putting a godamm dollar sign on every fucking thing on this planet!

"Ooh, the anger dollar. Huge. Huge in times of recession. Giant market, Bill's very bright to do that." God, I'm just caught in a fucking web! "Ooh the trapped dollar, big dollar, huge dollar. Good market - look at our research. We see that many people feel trapped. If we play to that and then separate them into the trapped dollar..." How do you live like that? And I bet you sleep like fucking babies at night, don't you?"

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, will M3 always be supported because I am getting an M3 Lite? As long as Zelda The Phantom Hourglass and the english version of Final Fantasy III work on it when they come out I'll be ok because all games so far work perfectly on it.

shtonkalot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, will M3 always be supported because I am getting an M3 Lite? As long as Zelda The Phantom Hourglass and the english version of Final Fantasy III work on it when they come out I'll be ok because all games so far work perfectly on it.
M3 is known for their excellent support and they have been around for a long time so I can only suggest that their support will continue to be great.
It's unfair to say that all games mork perfectly though, there are a few problem games for all carts.. well maybe not for this newfangled DS-Xtreme but I'm sure it will have a hiccup or two itself once extensive testing is done.

To get a better idea about M3 support ask in the M3 forum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...