Hacking DS-X & The Repair Tool problem

Ochi-Nu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although someone extremely nice offered the repair private tool that DS-X is so weird about giving out publicly, I had a problem with one of the steps that keep me from getting the whole thing to work D:

QUOTE said:
"Now you will see a listing of devices that it believes to be compatible, click on the button “Have Disk...” which will open a new window. Within that window you need to click the button labeled “Browse...”. Now you are required to browse for an “.inf” file. Please go into the “DriverXP” directory which you extracted previously from the recovery tool and select the “CyUSB.inf” file and click “Open.”"

Hi, you sent me something to fix my DS-X.

I got up to this stage (I'm sure you are familiar with it?) and whenever I try to get it fix (I click on "CyUSB.inf") it says that nothing in that file can be used to identify your DS-X (something of the sort D: Do you need the exact quote or do you recognize the problem).

Are you able to help me out?

He never replied, nor to my other p.ms D:

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw man, I feel from you, I was a big fan of my DS-X until the support got worse and worse, then the team folded up and ran home with the money. It'd probably be best to either contact the people you ordered the cart from for a replacement, or just cut your losses and start looking into a new card.

Ochi-Nu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, someone in this forum sent me the private tool.

I just can't get past a certain step because it states something the guide doesn't mention D:

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The person that you are reffering to, I'm guessing, is thegame07, one of the mods from the Ds-x forum. The guys from the Ds-x team usually don't post on this forum because, you know, all the hate and frustration caused by this abandonned product. You may want to try using the main Ds-x forum, that is if you haven't been banned from there. I don't think it will do you any better, many problem threads are left answered, don't expect much.

To be honnest, you might as well just throw it in the garbage, you would be lucky to get 30$ for it, even if it works. You're wasting valuable time not enjoying your Ds, you got screwed, we all did, nobody cares about your problem, even the people that tried to help you. I wish you the best, get a CycloDS, and if you ever have a problem with it (you won't) there will be tons of people willing to help you including well respected support staff that actually cares and follow through. Good luck.

Ochi-Nu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, blunt. But full of truth :3

I have a CycloDS, but I'd like to everything in my power to save this little thing n___n;;

Otherwise I'll take out the cam and post on youtube me destroying the DS-X DD<

Thanks~

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ochi-Nu said:
Wow, blunt. But full of truth :3

I have a CycloDS, but I'd like to everything in my power to save this little thing n___n;;

Otherwise I'll take out the cam and post on youtube me destroying the DS-X DD<

Thanks~

Make sure to post it on Youtube then link it in this thread. But yeah, it's just something that is best left to die at this point, I too am a Cyclo user, and I can't think of too many negatives in regards to the product.

mister.darcy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you find a solution at that time? Have the same problem now (2010).
Thank you for a hint.

MD

Ochi-Nu said:
Although someone extremely nice offered the repair private tool that DS-X is so weird about giving out publicly, I had a problem with one of the steps that keep me from getting the whole thing to work
ohnoes.png

QUOTE said:
"Now you will see a listing of devices that it believes to be compatible, click on the button “Have Disk...” which will open a new window. Within that window you need to click the button labeled “Browse...”. Now you are required to browse for an “.inf” file. Please go into the “DriverXP” directory which you extracted previously from the recovery tool and select the “CyUSB.inf” file and click “Open.”"

Hi, you sent me something to fix my DS-X.

I got up to this stage (I'm sure you are familiar with it?) and whenever I try to get it fix (I click on "CyUSB.inf") it says that nothing in that file can be used to identify your DS-X (something of the sort
ohnoes.png
Do you need the exact quote or do you recognize the problem).

He never replied, nor to my other p.ms
ohnoes.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.