DS-X & The Repair Tool problem

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Ochi-Nu, May 29, 2008.

May 29, 2008

DS-X & The Repair Tool problem by Ochi-Nu at 12:40 PM (3,090 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Ochi-Nu
    OP

Newcomer Ochi-Nu Member

United States
    Although someone extremely nice offered the repair private tool that DS-X is so weird about giving out publicly, I had a problem with one of the steps that keep me from getting the whole thing to work D:

He never replied, nor to my other p.ms D:

Are you able to help me out?

2. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Aw man, I feel from you, I was a big fan of my DS-X until the support got worse and worse, then the team folded up and ran home with the money. It'd probably be best to either contact the people you ordered the cart from for a replacement, or just cut your losses and start looking into a new card.

3. Ochi-Nu
    OP

Newcomer Ochi-Nu Member

United States
    Well, someone in this forum sent me the private tool.

I just can't get past a certain step because it states something the guide doesn't mention D:

4. Ochi-Nu
    OP

Newcomer Ochi-Nu Member

United States
    t_________________________________________________________________t

5. MrSpud

Member MrSpud GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The person that you are reffering to, I'm guessing, is thegame07, one of the mods from the Ds-x forum. The guys from the Ds-x team usually don't post on this forum because, you know, all the hate and frustration caused by this abandonned product. You may want to try using the main Ds-x forum, that is if you haven't been banned from there. I don't think it will do you any better, many problem threads are left answered, don't expect much.

To be honnest, you might as well just throw it in the garbage, you would be lucky to get 30$ for it, even if it works. You're wasting valuable time not enjoying your Ds, you got screwed, we all did, nobody cares about your problem, even the people that tried to help you. I wish you the best, get a CycloDS, and if you ever have a problem with it (you won't) there will be tons of people willing to help you including well respected support staff that actually cares and follow through. Good luck.

6. Ochi-Nu
    OP

Newcomer Ochi-Nu Member

United States
    Wow, blunt. But full of truth :3

I have a CycloDS, but I'd like to everything in my power to save this little thing n___n;;

Otherwise I'll take out the cam and post on youtube me destroying the DS-X DD<

Thanks~

7. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States

Make sure to post it on Youtube then link it in this thread. But yeah, it's just something that is best left to die at this point, I too am a Cyclo user, and I can't think of too many negatives in regards to the product.

8. mister.darcy

Newcomer mister.darcy Newbie

United States
    Did you find a solution at that time? Have the same problem now (2010).
    Thank you for a hint.

MD

9. SgtThom

Member SgtThom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is it really necessary to bump an old thread like this? [​IMG] It's almost over two years old.