tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just about to start the same sort of post here but then I saw this one so I may as well add it in the way I was going to start the topic, mainly as I cant be arsed to retype the whole thing again ...........

I have been looking a the stuff coming out for the DS and have been wondering about games that have come before that would be good to see either ported to the DS or a new version to suit the handheld, not as a homebrew project but as a full commercial release. My main interests for these types of games were from the N64 and DOS era as they would be easier to port to the DS given the limitations of the machine. I know there are possible copyright issues or that the rights are owned by companies with possible no interest in the DS, but this is a wish list or at most a "wouldn't it be cool" list. Games like Mario Cart DS, Final Fantasy and Metriod have proven there is sufficient oomph in the DS to produce a decent looking 3D game given the right talent. Older games handled right can be an excellent source of material for an updated game, but alas in a lot of cases the developers miss that certain spark that made the game the triumph it was when it first hit the shelves. Anyway here is my list, its in no way complete, but I thought I would start the ball rolling....

Smash Brothers - Even a version based on the N64 version and then expanded with stuff from the later relaeses version with online matches would be real really nice.
FZero - This to would be a cool game to have with online play. I wasn't a big fan of the GBA versions but the GC and N64 ones were nice.
Dungeon Keeper - The game was excellent and could include online matchups
Magic Carpet - If Dungeon Keeper could be done the Magic Carpet would be easy as they both used the same engine (ish), again well suited to online play
Diablo - Didn't like the second version but an new and expanded version based on the first version would be awesome
A Bitmap Brothers compilation - Cadaver, Speedball, Xenon 2, Gods, Chaos Engine.....
Warcraft I & II - The original games brought up to date, possible online matches
Grim Fandango - An expanded version would be so nice
Little Big Adventure - The first one was a really nice game and would be well suited to the handheld
Pacman CE - The Xbox live was a pleasant surprise of a game.
Assault Heroes - Another Xbox live classic
Every Extended Extra - I have a homebrew version of this on the DS but an official port would be much better.
UNO - Carbonated games version on Xbox live just blows away every other version of the game I have seen, nice with online play and voice chat.
Cannon Fodder - Look what they managed to do on the plain old gameboy colour. Would rock on the DS "I kill you easy"
1080 Snowboarding - A mix of the N64 and GC version
Excitebike - A truly underrated game on the N64, screaming out for a remake on the DS
Mario Golf / Tennis - Not the RPG(ish) versions of the GBA but just the golf and tennis games that were so good on the N64
Blast Corps - A really unique game on the N64 that really fell under the radar, which was a shame as it was a really good game
Wave Racer - Another Nintendo Classic.

I cant really see why any of these would not possible on a technical level, anyway I can but wish....

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More RTS and FPS, I don't care if they're ports or original games, it's enough if they'll be decent and play well.

Starcraft could even be considered as an N64 port as there was one on the platform.

ndpndnt16

Trophies
XP
Country
off topic this is not a game but could be usefull everywhere HAMACHI FOR DS yes ds tunneling so we could play wifi multiplayer games anytime

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ndpndnt16 said:
off topic this is not a game but could be usefull everywhere HAMACHI FOR DS yes ds tunneling so we could play wifi multiplayer games anytime
Sorry but hardly possible, at least if you consider it using only the DS. I don't think you could do much multitasking on a platform like that. The only way I see it could be done is having some kinda client on the PC that would work as a fake DS which would then transfer the data to the other side with the same setup.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also can't wait until the new Tecmo Bowl comes out. I still remember back in college playing tournaments in our dorm. My roommates and I would draw straws to see which of us got to choose our team first. And, of course, the first team chosen was ALWAYS the L.A. Raiders because Bo Jackson was absolutely super-human on that game. Every single play, you just choose a straight ahead running play, and Bo would score every single time! And yes youngsters, the Raiders used to be in L.A. for a few years.

P.S. And for those of you that remember the first Tecmo Bowl, the second team chosen was always the San Francisco 49ers. All you had to do was throw it to Jerry Rice every play and he would score virtually every time.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
Some 2D Metroid Awesomeness ( Like Super Metroid/ Metroid 3) and a 3D Chrono Trigger.
And Contra 5, Final Fantasy 7, RE 2 DS and Super Street Fight 2 Turbo.
I believe a 3D Chrono Trigger already exists.
Click here

I would have added a video to my post instead of providing a link,but I don't know how to embed videos to posts so if you could tell me how that would be great.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kais said:
ferrariman said:
Some 2D Metroid Awesomeness ( Like Super Metroid/ Metroid 3) and a 3D Chrono Trigger.
I believe a 3D Chrono Trigger exists.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioVX5WqmDM

It does exist...but it was never finished...

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
distorted.frequency said:
kais said:
ferrariman said:
I believe a 3D Chrono Trigger exists.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioVX5WqmDM

It does exist...but it was never finished...
Yes yes we all know that square which is now square enix called them boys and told them to shut the project.
There is also a sequel to super metroid in the making and it looks better than what nintendo can do.
I hope that project is not cancelled I have been looking forward to it.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ndpndnt16 said:
It wouldn't work. DS wifi games are made based on the assumption of a certain connection speed, and will disconnect if it drops too low... and you're not likely to be able to maintain that speed over the internet.

Hamachi works because you can have very slow LANs, so you can emulate a LAN that seems 'very slow' (because it's over the internet!) and many LAN applications will still work. But the DS relies on almost instant communication over local Wifi, which is not attainable across the internet.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would like a StarSiege game, maybe even a port of Tribes...

EDIT: I'm not sure if it would be possible...here are the requirements:
QUOTE said:
* Pentium 166, 32 MB RAM with 3D Graphics Accelerator
* Pentium 200, 32 MB RAM without a Graphics Accelerator
* Platforms: Windows 95/98, Windows NT 4 with Service Pack 3
* Hardware Requirements: LAN Card or minimum 28.8 kps modem, 4x CD ROM
* 2D Graphics Card: DirectDraw compatible card (minimum SVGA 640x480 @ 256 colors)
* 3D Graphics Card: 3Dfx Glide compatible 3D accelerator (recommended)
* Sound Support: DirectSound compatible sound cards
* Peripheral Support: Mouse, Keyboard
* Network Support: Internet, TCP/IP, IPX

I think we're OK in the internet area though...

As much as I'd like to see it, I doubt it would happen...

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Metroid Dread (or any new Metroid for DS, perhaps even a remake of Metroid 2 or port Super Metroid)
Sequel to Castlevania POR (or new Castlevania)
Some Pokemon made for grown up persons, not 5 year olds
New Zelda
New new super mario bros
Contra 5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol