Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DS Visual Novel Reader v1.4.1
Bugfixes
vnds%20v1.41.png
DS Visual Novel Reader is a visual novel reader for the DS. The previous version had a bug in the saving code so this version was released to fix that problem among with a couple of other bugs.
- Graphical glitches in the GUI
- Backlight control could only turn the screen off on the original DS.
- PNG loading crashed on corrupt or wide (> 256 pixels) images.
- Sound didn't unmute when returning to the main menu.
- Tapping the screen advanced the script even in choice-mode.
- Variables weren't saved properly
download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source
discuss.png
Discuss

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weby, it is a great homebrew application, it plays various Visual Novels... here's the ones that are currently supported:

Tsukihime
Narcissu
Anon's Nice Day
Fate/Stay Night
OMGWTFOTL
True Remembrance

Above I liked to descriptions for the novels, mostly Wikipedia. I can't find a review for Anon's Nice Day, aside from saying avoid it if you aren't a 4chan person.

link

Some are good, some are hentai. True Remembrance is a bit slow going, but it's not H, so I'm enjoying the story. Here's how to use them...

Install VNDS folder on your card.
Copy the visual novel files themselves and put it into the "novels" folder in the VNDS folder.
If you want sound, copy those inside the specific novel inside the novelS folder.

Enjoy.

Make sure to save regularly, I have seen a couple nasty Guru Mediation errors, and losing like 45 minutes of reading is a pain. The transitions implemented in the next to last update increase the experience tremendiously, no longer do you have sprites flash in and out like they are dying in an old Mario game.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to mention that Chaos;Head was one of the ports that the guy at Weeaboo might do, but Clannad/Kanon might not happen(he said he won't do them as he wasn't interested), but he said it was very well possible to port them yourself somehow(He also had a test version in a picture of his Visual Novel manager). But he did mention that he might do Planetarian(another Key VN) that runs on the same engine as Clannad and Kanon(REALLIVE).

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem, webyugioh. I think this type of homebrew should have more support. I am trying to figure out the logistics of migrating one of my interactive novels (html) based into this format, although there are no pictures and very little sound, so it might be quite a different experience.

I also wanted to add that for Fate/Stay Nite there is a voice package available (quite large, I think like half a gig), and it's in Japanese. Which didn't do anything for me, it actually made the experience more confusing, but I can see how some people would appreciate its inclusion.

Toaster Mage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
I'd just like to mention that Chaos;Head was one of the ports that the guy at Weeaboo might do, but Clannad/Kanon might not happen(he said he won't do them as he wasn't interested), but he said it was very well possible to port them yourself somehow(He also had a test version in a picture of his Visual Novel manager). But he did mention that he might do Planetarian(another Key VN) that runs on the same engine as Clannad and Kanon(REALLIVE).
for the record, I(of digital haze) and anonl(of weeaboo.nl) are completely different people.
I noticed a some sites seem to say we are the same person(which I am much too lazy to register(it seems I already registered here) and correct them about it).

As for the Chaos Head port, I`m just waiting for them to get a finalized patch out.

also, test version of Clannad was written by some unrelated person who I do not believe worked on it beyond that short demo.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that. I knew you two were different people but I got it mixed up.

Wasn't Clannad being manually typed out and that's why he stopped? Or so that was what I heard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end