DS Sound Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Berthenk, Dec 6, 2009.

Dec 6, 2009

DS Sound Problem by Berthenk at 2:24 PM (894 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Berthenk
    OP

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    So, I've been playing Spirit Tracks lately, and after a while I closed my DS (Lite) without powering off.
    Anyway, after I wanted to play again, I noticed that the sound/music was really soft. I could barely hear it.
    Went to sleep, and in the morning, I could hear it again, sound sounded like it was normal, but now I can barely hear it again.
    Tried to contact Nintendo, but their Dutch contact page has a 404 error or something.
    I'd rather not send my Lite there.
    Any advice would be really appreciated!

2. ShadowSol

Member ShadowSol GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    maybe when you closed it, it moved some part for the speaker

edit: i closed my ds and makes echo sounds in music (sounds awsome..LOL) but still not sure

3. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    maybe you have hearing problems? XD

Nah the speakers can't be messed up when you move the ds but since the ribbon that both connect the screen and the speakers to the motherboard goes through the hinges....maybe it's damaged

4. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    just an example of how bad the customer support is over here... my cousin's gameboy broke, within the warranty, he called nintendo 5 times before he was offered to send his gameboy to nintendo, on his own expense and have it fixed for 90 euros (when it was within the warranty!)

5. Berthenk
    OP

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Meh, sound gets softer when I put the slider on the loudest. A teensyweensy bit before the max, and it goes at the loudest again... Strangeness... Ah well, at least I have a (temporary) fix!

6. EnnEss

Banned EnnEss Banned

United States
    Didi you order your DS lite from DealExtreme? DealExtreme's DSes are refurbs and are known to have this problem.... And by the way, If it is from DealExtreme, Nintendo won't take it for repairs. Hope this helps and merry tempmas [​IMG]

7. clioke

Newcomer clioke Advanced Member

Belgium
    Time to replace the volume slider.
    You can buy them on ebay for almost nothing. I have 2 DSL's with the same problem. Slider to the max = no sound.
    Slider a bit less to the max = max sound.