Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
If DS-Scene actually does have any version of a "View New Posts" button for their forum, where?
Does a 20 post list of "Recent Discussions" count? You'll probably say not.
But you honestly don't need it. DS-Scene is smaller so a 2 day old post can still be showing up at the bottom of the list.

QUOTEby the way, welcome back from ds-scene
its been a while
I was actually following Scene a year before I started posting on temp x3

But don't welcome me back so soon. Even though I just bought a new DS 2 months ago, my buttons are already starting to become unresponsive. I may disappear again soon for another year.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I enjoy the GBAtemp community/family/friends. It is not too large and not too small, it's like the baby bear of forums for me :3

In my short time here, I've met some very nice people (even if there is madness to their methods). Some have left and many are still around and I am glad that there are plenty of conversations I can actually participate in.

In conclusion:

jooozek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I really find it troublesome that nowadays there's a lot of back-seat moderating going on, and tremendous amounts of random spam as if GBATemp was some nest for dumper tier trolls. I guess having more moderators wouldn't really help, there would be a need to strict the rules a little more because there are times when I'm not sure if I just didn't visit some troll cave.
About DS-Scene, I don't really know too much about them but I can say one thing, I'm satisfied that their RSS feed is working flawlessly.
Other than all that I mentioned GBATemp is really a good site, with a lot of exclusive stuff and with really good affiliates, can't really complain more.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
I dont think I have ever in my years on the forum seen the board so unanimously agreeing.
Well seeing as the question was asked on here they would wouldn't they? lol.

If you ask the question of their website, you'll get a totally different response. Most people will be biased either way, personally I can't be assed with DS-scene.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't even think I've registered on DS-Scene. I
wub.gif
GBAtemp personally.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I think DS-Scene is slow. But they usually get all the rom and patch information before the 'temp does. DS-Scene probably has more active staff than we do. We only have Hadrian, Costello and Another World posting front page news. I think they have JPH, Gaia, Triiforce, Jenna Haze and others doing front page news.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well since I am only mooching off DS-Scene's download section and always active on GBAtemp.
GBAtemp is just a better place, better mods, better members (for the most part, some are questionable), the site runs smoothers, looks better (ds-scene seems really cluttered) and overall GBAtemp is just a far better site. Sure it doesn't have the huge download section, but we are getting there.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, GBATemp is good because people actually try to talk about the games on the release page, even if only for a day. Plus I'd say that elixerdream has the best taste of any member on either of the forums, on account of being able to read Japanese (unlike all these other noobs
tongue.gif
).

On the other hand, there are a lot more fools too. I mean it's just like the DS games library, with more quantity comes a larger number that belongs in the trash.

DS-Scene is mixed bag. It looks 100x nicer, it loads faster (again, just a volume problem), you don't get fools posting about their hormones going out of wack (or as a result of ...), but then again there is a lot of bullshit.
Nobody comments on half the games, and when people do, it's usually some one-time user saying, "this looks like shit". Half of the people who go there don't realize that it's not a commercial ROM download site, on account of every release having a download link attached.

GBATemp has a PSP section, so I guess it wins until the PSP dies out.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Scene wins on release information as well as finding patches for games if they exist. But GBAtemp has the better community. I wouldn't call DS Scene a community even though they have a forum and all. Their purpose is more focused on the actual releases.

Yeah, there are a lot of dumbasses on GBAtemp, but that comes with the territory. You aren't the biggest GBA/DS/handheld community on the web without a bunch of idiots joining and asking stupid questions or just acting like retards in general. You can be assured that if DS Scene were the largest, they'd have the same problem, maybe worse. I feel the staff here act accordingly, fairly, and are always kind to those who actually deserve to be here and are good members. I've seen a lot of people attack them for their decisions, but the people that attack them ignore the rules. Think of real life. Would you go break the law when you knew you were going against it, and then expect to be treated special? I wouldn't. There are far worse staff in other communities to complain about. GBAtemp has good staff. Sometimes they get swamped with all the idiocy, but that's what you get for being such a large community.

So yeah, i like GBAtemp better. Fun place to be when people behave themselves. But DS Scene is too boring for me.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is a reason why I'm on here and not on DS-Scene after all.
I used to go there more, but, I started not really caring about releases in general so I came here for the community and all that jazz.

Big pot o' awesome experiences for me. Plus met some awesome people to boot. (Linki, Mewgia, Salmantis, Scubers, War, tinyt, ORCORCORC, Osaka, BiscuitBee etc etc etc)

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Gvaz said:
Because DS-Scene has a stick up their asses and these forums are more laid back and the mods don't suck a fat one.
Then this Scene vs Temp argument will never have a right answer. Because you feel the same way about Scene as I feel about Temp.

Which actually makes me curious... Just what the Ell' Av' you done on on DS-Scene that's frowned upon over there, but yet ok with Temp? >_>

Llama Riot

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hey I didn't read any posts in this thread just the title, but DS-Scene is no match for GBAtemp thats like a lion fighting a rat - totally unfair. That said Crass is a pretty cool guy so dont hate on DS Scene let them exist in their corner and we'll exist over here.

Life's a garden. Dig it.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Llama Riot said:
Life's a garden. Dig it.
QUOTELike the FBI and the CIA / And the BBC--BB King
And Doris Day / Matt Busby
Dig it, dig it, dig it
quote from your fav band :3

on topic: i don't know why but ds scene just doesn't feel right to me, like that crappy ndstemp site
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F