chauffler

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will a 3ds flashcart be able to play ds games? I would guess yes because a ds flashcart can play ds games on a 3ds but don't really know.But on the other hand a ds flashcart can't play 3ds roms. Can someone speculate this for me. Would you need a ds flashcart and a 3ds flashcart?

saintrobyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fergieboy10 said:
Ok I see how it is... so I'll rephrase the question. Should I buy a ds flashcart that works on the 3ds or should I wait for a 3ds flashcart?

Buy a DS flashcart, you will be waiting a while for a 3DS cart.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mchief298 said:
My god you guys really dislike the idea of imagination, don't you?

When we say 50 times a day "NO, THE 3DS ISN'T HACKED AND WE DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE", yeah. We dislike imagination. And people's inability to read.

Yes, a 3DS flashcart would likely be able to play DS games. Do we know? No. It's just speculation. Just like how and well the 3DS will be hacked in the first place. You may as well ask if you'll be able to load burned Wii games on the WiiU.

ffs, lock this forum to anyone under 500 posts...

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Using the 3DS' hardware capabilities it might be possible to run DS instructions, or even emulate the DS altogether. The possibility is very high. But with no 3DS flashcarts on the market, this remains speculation.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fergieboy10 said:
[...] looooolollolloolool

No, because by the time you reach 500 posts, it's been made clear that you have a) been part of the community for a while and b) wish to stay. Once you've been here long enough, you tend to have read into all the things you're interested in that we have to offer here. Most people who make meaningful posts and have reached such a number of posts don't type like you, Mr. "looooolollolloolool", showing me you're probably just some 12 year old who wants his free games because mommy and daddy won't buy them.

Fine. Anyone under 300 posts shouldn't be allowed. Better? Hell, there is even a sticky here, in bold, saying it isn't hacked yet.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fergieboy10 said:
Shuji1987 said:
There is no such thing as a 3DS flash cart able to load 3DS games.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention pretend if one were to come out because I would probably buy a ds flashcart if you couldnt play ds games on a 3ds flashcart
You're looking at this entirely wrong.
We can't tell you what nobody knows.

chauffler

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@plasma dragon you can name call all you want but at the end of the day it is I the one who will be lolollolololing lolololololol and besides 500 posts do not mean anything. You would have to know me as a person to really know me. For example a person who liked to look into every little detail in life and respect others opinions would probably read through an entire thread. While on the other hand a person who always thought they were right would ignore everyone else's opinion and voice their's. A number of posts on a forum wouldn't determine your ability to read anything thoroughly in my opinion. I hope we all learned a lesson today. Lolololololol I can't figure out how to lock thread and to lazy to google it. Feel free to lock it if you want to mods it's getting really off topic, but I would still appreciate other people's opinions on the topic except for "no it won't work" and "impossible to know unless hacked". If you could give me some sources on why you think your guess is right, I would appreciate that too

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
plasma dragon007 said:
fergieboy10 said:
[...] looooolollolloolool

No, because by the time you reach 500 posts, it's been made clear that you have a) been part of the community for a while and b) wish to stay. Once you've been here long enough, you tend to have read into all the things you're interested in that we have to offer here. Most people who make meaningful posts and have reached such a number of posts don't type like you, Mr. "looooolollolloolool", showing me you're probably just some 12 year old who wants his free games because mommy and daddy won't buy them.

wow what a load of crap and to me it sounds like you are the 12 year old.

QUOTE(fergieboy10 @ Sep 14 2011, 11:09 PM)
@plasma dragon you can name call all you want but at the end of the day it is I the one who will be lolollolololing lolololololol and besides 500 posts do not mean anything. You would have to know me as a person to really know me. For example a person who liked to look into every little detail in life and respect others opinions would probably read through an entire thread. While on the other hand a person who always thought they were right would ignore everyone else's opinion and voice their's. A number of posts on a forum wouldn't determine your ability to read anything thoroughly in my opinion. I hope we all learned a lesson today. Lolololololol I can't figure out how to lock thread and to lazy to google it. Feel free to lock it if you want to mods it's getting really off topic, but I would still appreciate other people's opinions on the topic except for "no it won't work" and "impossible to know unless hacked". If you could give me some sources on why you think your guess is right, I would appreciate that too

+1
yaynds.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
DS roms on a 3DS flashcard (assume when one does exist and works)? Kinda hard to say. Sure, both rom types can be loaded from the slot 1 port, but that is based on roms individually, whereas I would assume the question is based on how DS flash cards work off a menu system for loading them (which is essentially a DS rom in of itself). In such a case, in order to have both on the same card, the "homebrewed menu system" would have to be 3DS-based, and that it would require being able to change to/from the supposed virtualized DS mode when running DS roms from the it. Whether or not that mode switch can be accessed by 3DS programs or only by the 3DS OS (since it seems like a virtualized mode) is unknown. That's my thoughts on the topic.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
fergieboy10 said:
What else do you want us to say? We're not fucking psychics.
rolleyes.gif

Buy a $5 R4 now and IF a 3DS-mode flashcart comes out that's capable of playing DS games, then buy that. At the most you're losing $5. Or sell it and lose even less
closedeyes.gif

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
By the time the cartridge gets accessed a register will be set that determines whether it's a DS or 3DS card, changing it in software will be improbable, best solution would be to have 2 bootloaders, one for DS and one for 3DS and a stitch on the top of the cartridge to switch between the two, the micro SD card used can be the same assuming the software on the card is good enough to be able to do so, chances are you would need 2 card slots one for a fat16/32 for DS and the other as RAW for 3DS, one game at a time until homebrew is working on 3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1