DS ROM 0051 - Retro Atari Classics (E)

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
0051.png
0051 - Retro Atari Classics (EUR)

ROM Number: 0051
Full Name: Retro Atari Classics
Region: Europe
Languages: English
Release Group: Wario
ROM Size: 128Mbit
Save Type: TBC
Genre: Compilation
Filename: w-raceur.zip
View NFO: Click here

The dump is labeled EUR, but has a USA serial.

Chetic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent!
Somebody with a GBA Movie Player and DS, PM me, right now. Perhaps you will enjoy yourself afterwards
biggrin.gif

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm so fucking tired of these old games ported for the 150st time... It might of been good the first 3 times they ported it as classics but now it's becoming a lazy excuse for not having to make new games... (my thoughts though)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Good games ported with extreme suckage! Now its actually worth getting. Why? Cuase spending 30 bucks on it is a waist of cash.

I was looking forward to a nice classic + remade/remix of the games, but no, atari screwed that up royal by focusing on drug triped graffiti "artists".
Instead of focusing on the actual game.

I think Id rather goto the trouble of porting mame to the NDS than actually buying this game :wtf:

This is a somewhat ok bargain bin game, but I heard its so dang glitchy that its barly playable.

Well atleast I may soon get a chance to try this thing out for myself soon without forking over a buncha cash.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but almost all the originals are unplayable if you are familiar with how they SHOULD work as they did in the arcade.

Basically if I recall only Centipede, Gravitar, Warlords and Breakout play correctly. Every other of the 6 have some glaringly awful problems with them that render the arcade (as if) originals unplayable.

For instance the target shooting in Missile Command is limited to the touch panel so you have to guess and lead the shots far more than normal to pick off all the bombs and aircraft in the non-touch screen. Others like pong, sprint, and tempest on the surface seem fine, but you got to use the stylus for 'arcade' control and it's implements very buggily so you just end up dying on accident.

Basically if there was a DS title released this year you wanted to give someone as a spite gift and that person loves 80s (early) arcade this title would truly show them how much you wish death on them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too