CCC Member!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
619px-guitar_hero_on_tour_logo.png

Guitar Hero On tour for Nintendo DS is a really good game (apart from the expensive cash price on it at the moment).. You definitely need THE GRIP
smile.gif
for the best experience as I have noticed.. I started using the button hack and I found it good, but nearly impossible to finish some of the harder songs!!

Like I said, the Grip is a must, even if you can hardly beat Medium mode with it (leave me alone
tongue.gif
) .. The song list is good, maybe a little short, but I guess if custom songs become available or another Homebrew, It will be well worth getting the Grip.. The songs are catchy, some maybe not classified as rock and I think there are a few songs that come on nearly every Guitar Hero Game.

Anyway, onto Gameplay:
180px-Gh_on_tour_ss.jpg

Guitar Hero for DS uses a pick-stylus that comes with the attachment. You strum on the touch screen, and use your left hand on the 4 keys.. Except if you are a lefty, then its reverse... You watch the left hand screen if your a righty and, like any normal Guitar Hero game, have to strum and put your finger on the appropriate fret in time with the beat.. Maximum bonus is 4x Multiplier and to build up your Star Power, you must play the keys that are in a Star Shape, in the correct timing to fill up your Star Power meter.. To set Star Power off, you must either yell into the microphone, blow into it, or tap any button, This doubles your multiplier and the highest you can get is 8x. On Tour comes with a plastic attachment clip so that it can be played on both DS Lite and DS Phat (in my case, DS Phat)..

The wriststrap, that your left goes into so that you can have your 4 left fingers on the frets, fits comfortably into your hand and keeps the whole DS nice and firm in your grip (Get it, GRIP
rofl2.gif
Back to the review.. )..

Although the Grip gets rather uncomfortable at some stages, thats Your hand telling you its time for a break.. It takes a while to get used to the frets after having used the button hack but its to your advantage..

180px-GHOT_with_pick1.jpg
DS Lite with Grip and pick stylus
Image:Guitar-hero-on-tour-ds-phat.jpg
DS Phat with attachment

Overall Gameplay : 9/10
Sountrack : 8/10 (It could have been longer)
Audio : 8/10 (considering the DS's pissy little speakers, The audio is quite good)

All up : 9/10

Images taken by myself:

p1000675smallcf4.jpg

p1000677smallaw2.jpg

p1000681smallmw5.jpg

p1000679smalllu3.jpg

p1000673smallud6.jpg

p1000672smalljc7.jpg

p1000678smallli8.jpg

DrOMFG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the game, and its pretty cool, but my left hand hurts like hell after 1-2 songs. I think this game is only for people with small hands.

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
silent sniper said:
Good review, but I'm not gonna lie.

I think Neversoft was stoned out of their minds when when they were choosing the songlist. The whole list is basically pop-rock. Not one hard rock/metal/good song in there.

What about I Don't Wanna Stop by Ozzy?
And although the song What I Want is pop-ish I don't consider the solo by Slash from GnR pop-ish.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That never happened to me... I thought it was great, I'd like to keep the grip, look at the possibilities! Homebrew that could utilize it.

(Fast reply didn't show? ... )

poke50uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lostsoul5673 said:
That never happened to me... I thought it was great, I'd like to keep the grip, look at the possibilities! Homebrew that could utilize it.

(Fast reply didn't show? ... )

Well when it died.. i was offered my money back.. I had already completed it on hard and 50% through expert.. £30 seemed tempting.. but the homebrew did tempt me.. and like i said.. the unlock song

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I like the game, but no custom songs yet sucks. I wanted them so badly. Oh well, I hope they sell Decades w/o the Guitar Grip so it's cheaper. Since I have one already.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol, maybe I should! If Nintendo is an ass and packages it again, I'm going to try and get a good Flashcart before Nintendo gets rid of them all...

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SawFan4Life said:
silent sniper said:
Good review, but I'm not gonna lie.

I think Neversoft was stoned out of their minds when when they were choosing the songlist. The whole list is basically pop-rock. Not one hard rock/metal/good song in there.

What about I Don't Wanna Stop by Ozzy?
And although the song What I Want is pop-ish I don't consider the solo by Slash from GnR pop-ish.
yea but, imo, ozzy's sucked for all those 38 years now he hasn't been in Sabbath.

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This review is GREAT! Especially because of the High Quality Camera shots. I feel as if I can almost reach out and touch your DS...
rolleyes.gif
Mind telling me what kind of camera you used?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom