Gaming Ds phat microphone replacement

Wanderersi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i took a good look around the internet this site included and couldnt find a single mention of how to replace the microphone on the ds phat. Most tutorials and teardowns are of the ds lite. Ive got an old ds phat that still works apart from the microphone which is espeically annoying considering i want to play zelda spirit tracks. Ive tried pulling down the pins of the external port even to the point where i think i may have broken them and it still wont work the microphone is well and truly fried that much im convinced of.
So then the question becomes is it possible to desolder the mic and replace it and if so with what mic part should i do it with considering that the resistance/voltage for this particular part must be very close to work/avoid frying the motherboard of the ds. I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this issue.

Also can someone tell me whether or not ive busted the external mic pins, i think i can get them back:

Last edited by Wanderersi,

Wanderersi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nevermind

Attachments

• 20170124_232857-3024x1701.jpg
    20170124_232857-3024x1701.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 194
Last edited by Wanderersi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(