ds parts

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by matt4tehlulz1337, Sep 21, 2009.

Sep 21, 2009

ds parts by matt4tehlulz1337 at 9:57 PM (830 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. matt4tehlulz1337
    OP

Newcomer matt4tehlulz1337 Member

United States
    well, i'm now a pro at assembling and dissasembling a ds and fixing many parts of it. now, because i have come accrossed many ds shells and other various parts, i would liek to know where i can purchase the ds lite motherboard and top half and such, it would be cheeper and more fun to build a ds. if anyone has a link as to where to buy one at, please send me it.

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    DS mobo will not be sold anywhere as Nintendo would sue them to shit for selling their products illegally (mobo has bios, cpu, ram etc on it). You best bet is to go on eBay and find a broken DSL for sale and fix it up with spare parts.

3. matt4tehlulz1337
    OP

United States
    well i do have a broken motherboard. the idiot who gave it to me when he took it apart, didn't put the power switch in correctly and snapped the TINY black swith on the ds, so now you have to use a toothpick to turn it on, eather way, does any of you know how i can go about replacing that?

4. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The power switch? DealExtreme sells replacement parts, including the power switches for DSL and DS, at insanely cheap prices. Just be prepared for a few weeks waiting.

Speaking of which, I'm getting two new touch-screen digitizers for my DS and DSL for $3 each, so soon I'll have two new and unscratched touch screens.

5. matt4tehlulz1337
    OP

United States
    i'm not talking about the little thingy you push up to turn it on, theirs a black thing thats connected to that on the inside of the ds, i have to replace the entire little turning on mechinism ( i don't know what its called ) if you can find me a replacement, send me a link, cuz i can't find what i'm looking for on dealsextream

6. Steevsee

Newcomer Steevsee Advanced Member

Australia
    Yes. It's called the power switch.
    Very cheap at DX and pretty easy to solder in place BUT be careful removing the old broken swith as you can easily damage the M/B.