DS Not detecting games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Haloman800, May 7, 2014.

1. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    My nephew has a DS Lite. It stopped detecting R4i cards & even official games. I tried the paper trick with the R4, nothing. It stopped randomly today. What can I do to fix it?

2. AceWarhead

AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

Apr 9, 2011
    United States
    Check for broken pins, as that is the exact way mine broke.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    How do pins get broken with normal cartridge use? they're gold (plated) and shouldn't be from any oxidization or stressed from cart usage, so unless some dipshit crammed something foreign into the slot, this shouldn't be happening.

4. D4nny26

D4nny26 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2014
    I've had this problem a couple of times, i used tiny screwdriver, placed it in the cartridge slot to gently rub along the pins, it gave them a little clean to get any dust or owt off and it worked fine again afterwards for me.

Do not force screw drivers in though or rub the pins to hard or they will bend or break.

5. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
    Thing is, it's not impossible to bend those contacts.

I removed this slot1 reader from a dsl i bought, it was faulty due to a bent contact.
    Upon opening the reader, I saw this.
    [​IMG]
    They are just like hooks! All that's needed is some crusty dirt for those golden hooks to hook on and get bent when removing the cartridge.

So yeah, shine a light down the slot and see if they are uniformed, if they aren't then try to bend back the bad one with a needle or something.

Good luck!

6. Krakatau

Krakatau Nintendo 3DS XL

Nov 10, 2012
    Belgium
    Perhaps this is the most idiotic trick, but you can try blowing in the cartridge hole to see if there is dust or something like that inside.