Hacking DS Lite vs i, which one is 'hassle-free'?

ilidiankid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
Phoenix88 said:
Hello everyone!

I know I'm asking a weird question, I appreciate any feedback! My question is that, after playing with the Wii for like the past two years I've had a lot of problems playing backups and such. I mean with every single system software update from Nintendo I've been going through a lot of online guides to make the games work or simply keeping my homebrew stuff safe.

And now I'm gonna get my first DS, I'm deciding between a DS Lite and DSi. I know the specs and their differences, I just wanna know which one is easier to run the games/homebrews on? I know that DSi has firmware that's being updated regularly by Nintendo, it reminds me of Wii with its scary system updates. So to make it clear, for a person looking to play homebrew/roms on the DS, which one is homebrew-friendly? DS lite or DSi?

Thanks in advance.
ds lite because you never need to worry about system updates and you pretty much get the exact same thing because dsi can only play ROMs of regular DS games and not DSi games no matter what cart you get. plus you can get a Cyclods (really awesome flashcart) for DS but no "i" version yet.

just to let you know, all the DSi carts work on the DS lite and DS Phat too. (SCDS2 FTW!!!
smile.gif
)

Really? Oh that's too bad. But do you guys think in the future it'll be possible for any flash cart to support those DSi-only titles? I already opened my DSi box and played my Pokemon S.Silver for a while
frown.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ilidiankid said:
gameguy95 said:
Phoenix88 said:
Hello everyone!

I know I'm asking a weird question, I appreciate any feedback! My question is that, after playing with the Wii for like the past two years I've had a lot of problems playing backups and such. I mean with every single system software update from Nintendo I've been going through a lot of online guides to make the games work or simply keeping my homebrew stuff safe.

And now I'm gonna get my first DS, I'm deciding between a DS Lite and DSi. I know the specs and their differences, I just wanna know which one is easier to run the games/homebrews on? I know that DSi has firmware that's being updated regularly by Nintendo, it reminds me of Wii with its scary system updates. So to make it clear, for a person looking to play homebrew/roms on the DS, which one is homebrew-friendly? DS lite or DSi?

Thanks in advance.
ds lite because you never need to worry about system updates and you pretty much get the exact same thing because dsi can only play ROMs of regular DS games and not DSi games no matter what cart you get. plus you can get a Cyclods (really awesome flashcart) for DS but no "i" version yet.

just to let you know, all the DSi carts work on the DS lite and DS Phat too. (SCDS2 FTW!!!
smile.gif
)

Really? Oh that's too bad. But do you guys think in the future it'll be possible for any flash cart to support those DSi-only titles? I already opened my DSi box and played my Pokemon S.Silver for a while
frown.gif
If DSi mode ever gets cracked, it might be possible. But currently those DSi only games aren't that great.

D

Deleted-236924

Phoenix88 said:
I mean with every single system software update from Nintendo I've been going through a lot of online guides to make the games work or simply keeping my homebrew stuff safe.
Why do you even update then?
Don't you think it would be easier not to?

QUOTE(FlashX007 @ Jul 17 2010, 11:54 PM) xl if you upgrade lite if you downgrade phat and i suck ass phat is too fat and i has grip and comfort problems
What?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: