DS lite vs. DSi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by double_vision, May 26, 2009.

May 26, 2009

DS lite vs. DSi? by double_vision at 3:32 AM (1,151 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. double_vision
    OP

Member double_vision GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok, so i have enough money for a ds. should i get the lite and spend the extra money on other stuff... or get the dsi and be completely broke?
    im trying to weigh my options

DSi:
    web browser
    dsi ware
    camera

DSL:
    can only play games [​IMG]

but my problem is I already have an ipod touch which has the appstore and a web browser....

2. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    Ds lite, hands down especially if you have a touch, the browser on the dsi isn't much btr than the one they sold b4, and the camera isn't a big deal, plus the dsl can play gba games where the dsi can't.

3. manoelpdb

Newcomer manoelpdb Advanced Member

Brazil
    i prefer DSi! why? well... because of the list you said (specially the cameras).
    i dont care about GBA games: with a lot of good games for DS and more coming why I'd have to play the GBA ones???? lol!

4. KnarfX2

KnarfX2 Newbie

I personally own all 3 DSs. I prefer the DSi. It really bugs me that people complain about the GBA. The GBA has been around for a very long time. If your still going to play GBA games you might as well buy yourself a Gameboy advance SP. Also for the people who have said that there was no reason for nintendo to remove the GBA slot, they did have a reason. GBA games don't sell on the market anymore. Mostly Second hand, maybe a few new at a wal-mart. They removed it, since it cost more to put it in the DS, and it didn't bring them any money... now back on topic, the DSi browser is very good, the internet is good on the DSi, the shop is pretty cool, the cameras may not be the best quality, but they are fun.

5. LivingToDie

Banned LivingToDie Banned

Netherlands
    dsi = better system, better menu's , music thingy , photo's , dsiware , AND te usual upgrade from larger screens and stuff

also there are people saying that there will come dsi excl. games (not dsi-ware)

6. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP DeRp dErP v

7. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada

8. double_vision
    OP

Member double_vision GBAtemp Regular

United States
    see thats my problem....
    i really dont know what kind of new stuff that the dsi will have. i have no idea if a new awesome game will be released only for the dsi

9. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    a vote for the DSi over here

You'll probably want the DSi-special features taht will release in future games, and it's an excellent system...

see my sig for a video overview for it [​IMG]