Hacking DS Lite Replacement Battery Comparison

Jaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I want to buy a new battery and I'm looking for one that is better than the original. Anybody know of any that they've tested?

and have you guys tried out any of these?

Battery 1

Battery 2

Battery 3

Also, I got a new DSL with a R4. I get around 5 hours with brightness on the 3rd level and sound at halfway. Is that normal?

Thanks for any help.

Jaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What I meant was, a battery that is as good as the original one inside the Nintendo DSL. As I stated above, I get only 5 hours with it using a R4 and a new DSL and from reading around the 'net, I should be getting double that. I tried to replace it but the salespeople said that that was normal battery life and they wouldn't replace it.

There is no way for me to get the original Nintendo battery so I'm looking for an alternative.

Help is appreciated.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Jaze said:
What I meant was, a battery that is as good as the original one inside the Nintendo DSL. As I stated above, I get only 5 hours with it using a R4 and a new DSL and from reading around the 'net, I should be getting double that. I tried to replace it but the salespeople said that that was normal battery life and they wouldn't replace it.

There is no way for me to get the original Nintendo battery so I'm looking for an alternative.

Help is appreciated.

I think that's on the lowest brightness settings + volume turned off. Have you tried that?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
changsheng said:
What do you mean
QUOTE said:
I want to buy a new battery and I'm looking for one that is better than the original? Genally speaking, the original batttery on DSL is the best one for your console. All other batteries is OEM products which are ususaly from China.

you do realise the DSL and its official battery is made in china? don't you?
QUOTE(changsheng @ Jan 9 2009, 02:14 AM)
The OEM battery are ranked in different capacity. There are 2000mAh, 1600mAh, 1000mAh, even850mAh. I once bought one 2000mAh Rechargeable Battery Pack for NDS Lite from Gameyeeeah. But it do not work like they said that it has really 2000mAh capacity,which I mean that they can not run as long as they said like 5 hours. So before you bought this kind of battery, I remind you to think carefully.

Oh, onemore thing I forgot to mention, it is very distracted me when I want to took out the battery from DSL, so you can select those battery which comes with screwdrive if you really want to buy one more battery for your DSL.

Good luck.

did you do your battery test on lowest brightness with an official cartridge and no wifi etc? that is probably what they mean by 5 hours,

one thing I have never understood is those external chargers for DS batteries you see. are you supposed to carry a spare battery with you, and when it runs out remove that tiny screw and replace the battery?!

BatakGemblung

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi guys this is my first post..so forgive me if i make any mistake.

I`m looking for battery replacement also for my ds phat, but somehow rather difficult to find ds phat batteries in my country..(ds lite batteries are easy to find though).
So after searching through the net..i found this product n i`ve been planning to buy this one..
070904-3b.jpg

070904-02.jpg

the specs are..

Sanyo Eneloop Mobile Booster KBC-L3S-SP

Description : Mobile Booster with Xtra Strength ( Built in with 1pcs of Lithium ion batteries)
Capacity : Up to 2500 mah
Function : As mentioned bellow
Charging times : USB Port - 7 hrs

Built-in with 1 pieces of Lithium Ion batteries, the mobile booster is compact yet high in power. It acts as a back-up power for any electronic devices when its power is running low.

Applicable for portable music players, portable games, mobile phones (most models) and electronic devices that can be charged through USB port.

Contains:
* Li-ion Battery with 1 USB outputs and 1 DC input
* USB cable for charging KBC-L3
* Instructions Manual

There reason why i choose this products are : its sanyo (well known company), specs are fits ( 3.7 V ), 2500mAh (ds phat 850 mAh), slick/not to big +eye catching hehehe...
So what do u guys think?

BatakGemblung

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
changsheng said:
But one problem I confused, BatakGemblung. Does this Sanyo Eneloop Mobile Booster KBC-L3S-SP has some plug or we can call it the charger cable for the DSL? As you had stated before, this battery charger can be charged via USB Port( for example you can insert it with your laptop, and make it charged by the PC), but how can I charger for the gameconsole?
Do it has the same plug which is similar with the NDS Lite AC adapter has to charger for the console? If it really has, Can I guess it has many kind plugs fits for different portable console? BatakGemblung, can you find us some cable or prove some details for this charger's package so that we can see what is coming with this item?

Hi Changsheng I think u still need the to buy an usb charger/cable for dsl/ds/iphone n others (sold separately) , as Sanyo Eneloop Mobile Booster KBC-L3S-SP (the right one on the picture i posted before) it self only provide 2 usb port (1 for input + 1 for output)

And also found its big brother KBC-L2S-SP

Description : Mobile Booster with Xtra Strength ( Built in with 2p'cs of Lithium ion batteries)
Capacity : Up to 5000 mah
Function : As mentioned bellow
Charging times : AC Adaptor - 7 hrs or USB Port - 14 hrs

Built-in with 2 pieces of Lithium Ion batteries, the mobile booster Xtra is compact yet high in power. It acts as a back-up power for any electronic devices when its power is running low.

Applicable for portable music players, portable games, mobile phones (most models) and electronic devices that can be charged through USB port.

Contains:
* Li-ion Battery with 2 USB outputs and 1 DC input (KBC-L2)
* AC Adapter (Euro 2 pin)
* USB cable for charging KBC-L2
* Instructions Manual

as u can see it comes with 2 usb port for output and 1 usb port (input) and 1 ac adaptor (input)

and here are another pictures just so u got the idea..

P1030982.jpg

eneloop_02.jpg

Btw here is the compatibility list for this mobile booster that i found

http://www.eneloop.info/fileadmin/EDITORS/...oster_list_.pdf

I think if the prince difference its not so big..i think i`ll go with the 5000mAh..

QUOTE(changsheng @ Jan 14 2009, 03:17 AM) I knew one External Rechargeable Battery Pack which may act like this named" 16000mAh External Rechargeable Battery Pack for PSP /NDS /NDS Lite /GBA SP" . This battery charger includes:
Sorry to say but i read lots of bad review about this product (battery doesn't last long as it say it would be)

BatakGemblung

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
changsheng said:
But I still have to buy different cables to work with this battery charger, right? Don't you think this design poor? People who have DSL/PSP/Iphone, and they want to charger for them via this item, but have to buy the corresponding cable.
Actually i dont have a prob with the design, the white colour reminds me of other Mac's gadget which i like and about the cables..yeah that really a downside of this product. If only it comes with variety of jacks.
But not forget that most of the gadget nowadays comes with usb jack so u can connect it to your pc/notebook (data cable). So it shouldn't be a problem, except for our nintendo ds/dsl. We have to buy it seperately...sigh.

QUOTE(changsheng @ Jan 15 2009, 04:08 AM) Anyway, your posted battery charger really suprise me. But coming to the high price, no....
I do not know how does it cost in your coutry, but i just bought it (KBC-L2S-SP) today for 340.000rupiah = US $ 30 and the small one cost round US $ 23
The only $7 difference made me chose the bigger one..
Its a bit pricey i know, but seems like i don't have any option (cant find ds phat battery), although some people mention that u can use gba sp battery for ds phat with a little modding (use knife to cut some part of the battery)
Even the capacity of gba sp battery is lower ( 700mah) than ds phat (850mAh), but the build is rather similar.

Anyway here's a pic of my KBC-L2S-SP along side with my ds
eneloop.jpg

As u can see it works with my ds n comes with 1 ac adaptor and 1 usb charger. As for my car lighter/usb charger, i bought it couples of years a go for $5.
Currently im testing the KBC-L2S-SP to charge my empy ds battery while running mario and sonic olympics + multiplayer mode (wifi ON) + supercard mini sd.
I started my test round 6pm and i got till midnite before i go to sleep. Then i`ll check the battery status but do remember that the battery is just out off the box so its not fully charge yet.
Hopefully it's worth the price!! or else!!
hate2.gif

hahaha kiddin!!

update result from last night
With empty battery (nds phat) + supercard mini sd + max volume + mario sonic olymic WIFI ON .. KBC-L2S could run for 4 hours (charge time limit) + 1 hour before it runs out..
Battery condition before test was useable but not fully charge since it just came out off the box.

Jaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I tested the DS Lite with a real cartridge on lowest brightness, volume off, and no wifi. I got around 6 hours of straight game play. I was reading around, and I noticed that people were getting over 10 hours straight even with the R4.

That's why I'm looking for a replacement. Anybody know a seller of newly manufactured batteries online that ship internationally? Cause I read that the Li-ion batteries depreciate? over time.

Are there 3rd party sellers of the Nintendo battery that ship internationally?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o