DS Lite Replacement Battery Comparison

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Jaze, Jan 9, 2009.

Jan 9, 2009
  1. Jaze
    OP

Newcomer Jaze Newbie

Philippines
    Hello,
    I want to buy a new battery and I'm looking for one that is better than the original. Anybody know of any that they've tested?

and have you guys tried out any of these?

Battery 1

Battery 2

Battery 3

Also, I got a new DSL with a R4. I get around 5 hours with brightness on the 3rd level and sound at halfway. Is that normal?

Thanks for any help.

2. Jaze
    OP

Newcomer Jaze Newbie

Philippines
    What I meant was, a battery that is as good as the original one inside the Nintendo DSL. As I stated above, I get only 5 hours with it using a R4 and a new DSL and from reading around the 'net, I should be getting double that. I tried to replace it but the salespeople said that that was normal battery life and they wouldn't replace it.

There is no way for me to get the original Nintendo battery so I'm looking for an alternative.

Help is appreciated.

3. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States

I think that's on the lowest brightness settings + volume turned off. Have you tried that?

4. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
  5. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    did you do your battery test on lowest brightness with an official cartridge and no wifi etc? that is probably what they mean by 5 hours,

one thing I have never understood is those external chargers for DS batteries you see. are you supposed to carry a spare battery with you, and when it runs out remove that tiny screw and replace the battery?!

6. BatakGemblung

Newcomer BatakGemblung Newbie

Indonesia
    Hi guys this is my first post..so forgive me if i make any mistake.

I`m looking for battery replacement also for my ds phat, but somehow rather difficult to find ds phat batteries in my country..(ds lite batteries are easy to find though).
    So after searching through the net..i found this product n i`ve been planning to buy this one..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the specs are..

Sanyo Eneloop Mobile Booster KBC-L3S-SP

Description : Mobile Booster with Xtra Strength ( Built in with 1pcs of Lithium ion batteries)
    Capacity : Up to 2500 mah
    Function : As mentioned bellow
    Charging times : USB Port - 7 hrs

Built-in with 1 pieces of Lithium Ion batteries, the mobile booster is compact yet high in power. It acts as a back-up power for any electronic devices when its power is running low.

Applicable for portable music players, portable games, mobile phones (most models) and electronic devices that can be charged through USB port.

Contains:
    * Li-ion Battery with 1 USB outputs and 1 DC input
    * USB cable for charging KBC-L3
    * Instructions Manual

There reason why i choose this products are : its sanyo (well known company), specs are fits ( 3.7 V ), 2500mAh (ds phat 850 mAh), slick/not to big +eye catching hehehe...
    So what do u guys think?

7. BatakGemblung

Indonesia
    Sorry to say but i read lots of bad review about this product (battery doesn't last long as it say it would be)

8. BatakGemblung

Indonesia
    I do not know how does it cost in your coutry, but i just bought it (KBC-L2S-SP) today for 340.000rupiah = US $ 30 and the small one cost round US $ 23
    The only $7 difference made me chose the bigger one..
    Its a bit pricey i know, but seems like i don't have any option (cant find ds phat battery), although some people mention that u can use gba sp battery for ds phat with a little modding (use knife to cut some part of the battery)
    Even the capacity of gba sp battery is lower ( 700mah) than ds phat (850mAh), but the build is rather similar.

Anyway here's a pic of my KBC-L2S-SP along side with my ds
    [​IMG]

As u can see it works with my ds n comes with 1 ac adaptor and 1 usb charger. As for my car lighter/usb charger, i bought it couples of years a go for $5.
    Currently im testing the KBC-L2S-SP to charge my empy ds battery while running mario and sonic olympics + multiplayer mode (wifi ON) + supercard mini sd.
    I started my test round 6pm and i got till midnite before i go to sleep. Then i`ll check the battery status but do remember that the battery is just out off the box so its not fully charge yet.
    Hopefully it's worth the price!! or else!! [​IMG]
    hahaha kiddin!!

update result from last night
    With empty battery (nds phat) + supercard mini sd + max volume + mario sonic olymic WIFI ON .. KBC-L2S could run for 4 hours (charge time limit) + 1 hour before it runs out..
    Battery condition before test was useable but not fully charge since it just came out off the box.

9. Jaze
    OP

Newcomer Jaze Newbie

Philippines
    So I tested the DS Lite with a real cartridge on lowest brightness, volume off, and no wifi. I got around 6 hours of straight game play. I was reading around, and I noticed that people were getting over 10 hours straight even with the R4.

That's why I'm looking for a replacement. Anybody know a seller of newly manufactured batteries online that ship internationally? Cause I read that the Li-ion batteries depreciate? over time.

Are there 3rd party sellers of the Nintendo battery that ship internationally?