Hacking DS Lite R4SDHC Problems (loading games, firmwares, and so on).

Igor Padrão

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello People

Saturday I get an old Nintendo DS Lite (I think it's been bought in South Korea, if it makes any difference) from a friend of mine.

It has been long time without use.

It has an R4SDHC Flashcart in it (with a firmware in korean - 1.25) (image is a little blurry, but I think you can recognize the Flashcart).

I started read articles, reviews, tutorials, etc.

And them I started download things and them the problems begun.

1 - I cannot update the firmware.
Anything beyond 1.25 stuck in loading screen.

2 - Wood R4 won't started games
Downloaded from http://woodforr4sdhc.yolasite.com/ most recent update. When try to load games, stuck with an white screen. Emulators work fine.

3 - YSMenu won't start if default OS. When I changed "_DS_MENU.DAT" to "YSMenu.NDS" I can select it like a game, bur some games won't start (like, Wario Ware, Okamiden and GTA Chinatown).

I really like to play newer games. Anyone knows how can I make this real?

Thanks in advance.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can try to patch the WoodR4 or YSMENU .NDS with DLDI if you find the correct patch on your microSD somewhere (just google "DLDI Patching").
What's the menu structure of the OS of your R4? Which launcher do you have (R4.dat/ _DS_MENU.DAT)?

Igor Padrão

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks Technicmaster0

I tried to DLDI patch the programs, but I encountered the same problem. Any other sugestion?

Igor Padrão

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Technicmaster0

I used the DLDIrc program. Right click on the .nds file and choose do patch. I used the R4 DLDI drive, once there is no r4SDHC especific drive. I assumed that is the same driver, but I could assumed wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?