DS lite no lights coming on

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by shakirmoledina, Mar 4, 2011.

1. shakirmoledina
    OP

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    Well i had a broken cable (top) and when i opened it multiple times, i ripped a part of it which was the DS to switch off. Now, i tried the soldering over the fuses stuff and i think i overdid it as i covered more than the fuse F2... at first the orange light switched on and off but then after soldering F2 it remained on even without the battery

I tried soldering over the F1 fuse and now... no lights come on. Dead?
    any solution for this as i just want it for gba games only... thanks

EDIT: After some research it seems l may have done a mistake by not removing the fuse first... is it too late to do it now?

2. TehSkull

TehSkull Living the life

Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Not even the screens flicker? I'd say it's dead, but I'm no expert.

3. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Once you start messing around and soldering shit, if you make a mistake, chances are that it is very permanent. You really need to know what you're doing, as one mistake can ruin everything. Chances are that you need a new system now.

4. shakirmoledina
    OP

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    well it was pretty much broken... i seem to have soldered some more parts than required (my mistake ofcourse)
    i will try to remove the solder and see what happens

Well the orange light came on for few minutes after which it just stopped now no lights again... i say necro (this thread too please mod)