DS Lite modding

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by W.T. Snacks, Oct 9, 2007.

Oct 9, 2007

DS Lite modding by W.T. Snacks at 8:41 AM (803 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. W.T. Snacks
    OP

Newcomer W.T. Snacks Newbie

United States
    So I'm planning on modding the top of my DS by spray painting something on it with a stencil.
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience doing this, and if they had any advice or tips.

My thoughts were to cut out the stencils in thin cardboard, then spray it. Once done painting, coat in a layer of polyurethane spray to protect the paint from scratches. Is this the best way to go about it?

Also, on the subject of stenciling, is "stencil adhesive" really required to avoid paint leakage around the edges? I've only done a couple stencils before, but never really used it.
    Or would it be better to cut the stencils out of sticker paper? I figured cardboard would be better to avoid bleeding through the paper, but not too sure. It's been a long time since I've done any spray stenciling.

2. SineWaveAu7

Newcomer SineWaveAu7 Member

Australia
    I use the clear contact stuff you used to cover (maybe some here still do) your school books with. You can cut out large designs and then smaller ones to stick in the spacings. A clear top coat is a must, depending on if you like shiny or matte. [​IMG]
    - Adam

3. currynoodles

Member currynoodles GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    ah! I so wanted to do that as well. Do tell how it turns out. =D

4. gozza

Newcomer gozza Advanced Member

Germany
  5. Cairpre

Member Cairpre Advanced Member

United States
    post pics when you're done! I love looking at visually modded systems.