DS Lite D-Pad becoming unresponsive!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Extreme Coder, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Extreme Coder
    OP

Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    I hadn't touched my DS in a week or so, my brother was playing Ninjatown with it for a while.
    Then I get my DS to fire up some Castlevania, and I'm surprised to see that all my D-Pad buttons, except for the Up arrow, are no longer responsive.
    What I mean is, they do still work, but I have to press much harder for the DS to know that I clicked something, and it doesn't.. how do you say it.. feel 'normal'. It's really soft.

So I want to know how can I get my D-Pad normal again?

I will probably have to open my DS right? but will I need to buy anything? (hopefully not)

Thank you!

2. stealthfire

stealthfire Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2008
    Senegal
    I think this topic might help you: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=98240

However, it tells you how to change the entire casing, not just the d-pad. I suggest you read the guide throughly before doing anything.

Also, I'm not sure if changing the d-pad like will even help the response.

3. Legobot

Legobot GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2008
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Something like this happened to my DS. The shoulder buttons dont work anymore so i have had to use my brother's DS. I think I'll just trade my one in

4. aimansss95

aimansss95 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    malaysia
    i got that problem to!! only i didn't hv to press it harder thought....just...not 'normal'...kinda mushy

5. Extreme Coder
    OP

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    Yeah that's what I mean. They feel mushy. Is the D-Pad rubber harmed or what?

And I'm kinda scared of opening my DS.. I ruined my older DS Phat by opening it to fit in a replacement cover, never to work again [​IMG]

6. Extreme Coder
    OP

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    Is there a way to find out if the rubber beneath it is harmed or not? I sure hope it isn't.

7. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Lite d-pad sucks, the rubber in mine was damaged from too much tetris and was ultra sensitive

8. Extreme Coder
    OP

Nov 25, 2005
    Egypt
    Cairo, Egypt
    I kinda know already that it sucks [​IMG] Now if there was something I could do about it..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice