Hacking DS Lite, connection to screen problem? (Shuts off after boot)

Anj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had my DS for about two years (give or take a few months), a few weeks ago black lines started to appear on the top screen and eventually dissapeared for about two weeks, but today the top screen went black. I could see the top screen, but theres no light. So I tried fixing it by making the light brighter, but then it shut off and when I try to turn it on the bottom screen flickers and the whole ds shuts off. I think it might be trouble with the wires connecting with the screen. I also have a DSTT but I don't think it has nothing to do with it since I play my DSTT with my brother's ds as well :/

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More likely a faulty screen (or cable) the top screen cable gets a lot of abuse as it goes across the hinge.

The top screen and cable come as a complete part (about $10) replace it and it will be fine

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
For those who only want to replace the cable and not the whole screen, I believe it is focalprice where I saw those for sale. Top screen ribbon cables. Beats the hell outta me how you're supposed to install those. I broke my top ribbon cable once and found no way to remove it...

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
The ribbon cable is ripped in the hinge area most likely. Same thing happened to me more or less, first my sound from the speakers died - since they're part of the ribbon cable, then the screen, then the DS would flicker and turn off. (classic sign of bad ribbon cables)

Grab a $10 top screen replacement off DX, you'll need some soldering skills though it's not too hard. Just get a good (not too hot) soldering iron and solder, and remember which contacts go where. Look up a few tutorials here or on google if you're still not sure. Heck it was my first time soldering in 8 years, went without a hitch.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.