Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DS Linker loader 139 (stable) and Xmenu 239

Out now...

dslinker.gif
The DS Linker team have released a new loader for the DS Linker. This introduces a new menu layout and improved stability.
DS Linker said:
This new firmware is totally different from before, it include UDISK firmware and XMENU system. It's more stably than old firmware. Important: This upgrade need to format DSLinker, please backup your game and save first.
download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Home page

Thanks to wilsey for the heads up.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I got that the first time too. Unplug everything (card, writer, usb cable) and re-try. If the windows driver install baloon quickly flashes up something to do with "NAND WRITER" then it will work.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
A word of warning, I'm doing the "Full card check/format" as recommended by the readme.

readme.txt said:
(Full format need more than 10mins, because of writting test)

However, It's been 30 mins and it's only on 55%

So don't undergo the full card check unless you're near your power supply, and go and do something else whilest it's going.
dry.gif

EDIT: DLDI homebrew is auto-patched when run! DLDI writing works! Loading times are faster, Everything is better!
grog.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
For those of you with saving issues (the sram doesn't hold the save), this firmware makes it so it will only back up the save ONCE after playing, and will not do so again until you play the game again. Therefore, just turn your NDS back on really quickly after turning it off after playing a game, and your save will be backed up and safe. Just don't forget to do it every time you play.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For those of you with saving issues (the sram doesn't hold the save), this firmware makes it so it will only back up the save ONCE after playing, and will not do so again until you play the game again. Therefore, just turn your NDS back on really quickly after turning it off after playing a game, and your save will be backed up and safe. Just don't forget to do it every time you play.

Dirtie are your sound problems fixed?
unsure.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Dirtie are your sound problems fixed?
unsure.gif
Yup, sound works +PERFEKTLY

This new interface is actually really nice and really fast also. If there wasn't so many people with this SRAM issue I'd definitely recommend this cart now
tongue.gif

DJJoker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thedjdiaries.blogspot.com
XP
Country
This is a nice update indeed, the boot up time is much much better.

Just out of interest can anyone clarify how to do a full format, the instructions are a little mixed up

QUOTE said:
Q: How to FULL format DSLinker? (Full format need more than 10mins, because of writting test)
1. Insert DSLinker Writer into slot 2 and insert DSLinker into slo 1.
2. Hold the "UP" directionnal button and turn on power
3. still holding "down", press "L+R+Select+START+UP", will enter FULL format program mode.

First it switches from "up" in step 2 to "down" in step 3. Then I don't understand how you can press up & down at the same time
wacko.gif

EDIT: Never mind. It should be Hold "Up", then press "L+R+Select+Start+A" while still holding up. Three hands anyone ?
biggrin.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Thats only for clones. The actual N-CARD itself never has that issue.

wilsey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.emuxhaven.net
XP
Country
people with the sram saving probs i would say it's prob a fault card, i use the Xpress Card 16gb and have never had any issues with saves etc, i heard alot of the Ultra FlashPass EX , MK5 had these issues at the start due to a bad batch of cards, alot of people got replacements, if your still under warrenty i would send it in for a replacement

creacha

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all I couldn't get anything working, but got alot of answers here.

Here's what I did with my Lite and DS Linker 16G, while I wait for the full format to finish...

1. Unplug and reconnect all components.
2. Hold up on the D-Pad and switch DS on just like the instructions say. The H&S screen will disappear after about 1 second.
3. Use L+R+A+B to select the DS Linker from the menu. Holding L+R first will probably make this easier.
4. You should see 2 white screens with SAFE xxxx on touch screen. As arctic_flame said, look for NAND xxxx in the New Hardware balloon. Try steps 1-3 until you see this. (Took me 3 or 4 tries)
5. Run DSLinker_OS_stable_139_239\NAND_ALL.BAT, exit it and switch DS off.
6. Holding up again, switch DS on and Hold L+R+Start+Select then press A. (Middle finger on R and forefinger on A?
smile.gif
) and full format should start.

Ok, around 40min later...

7. Restart DS and enjoy!

filmon

Trophies
XP
Country
hello, im having alot of trouble with my n-card...i extracted te nand_all.bat and everything else but when i pressed up+L+R
+A+B the damn folder wont open...it keeps saying "insert disk in drive E:"...i cant even run the nand_all.bat. i tried re-connecting everything more than once and even tried running the nand_all.bat with just the data exchange on the firelink but to no avail...all i get is "init error"...i hope someone can help me here please!!!! im getting so frustrated
hate2.gif

DJJoker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thedjdiaries.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I guess you will have to wait for the alternate method. i.e. one single .nds file which you run like a game. I am surprised they haven't put it up yet - unless there is a problem doing it this way because of the new firmware :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o