Atmosphere CFW reaches milestone of version 1.0.0, pre-release version now available for download

atmo.png

The calendar might not say that it's June 15th, but it certainly is in the hearts of Atmosphere users, as SciresM has released a new version of the CFW for the Nintendo Switch. After years of hard work, this fifty-fourth version marks a milestone for the project, as it's the long-awaited release of v1.0.0. The team behind Atmosphere have made a number of important changes for this landmark moment, including rewriting the entirety of Fusee in C++ to match the rest of Atmosphere's code, leading to noticeable speed boosts. In addition, a lot of filenames have been tweaked, custom splash screen parsing support has been removed in favor of allowing users to use a different, faster method, and other improvements have been made across the board.

As of right now, Atmosphere 1.0.0 is in pre-release form, meaning that while everything should work correctly, the team is awaiting any bug reports. Should no major issues be found, v1.0.0 will make its official release on September 9th.

If you're interested in downloading this new release, you can grab it from the Atmosphere GitHub, linked below.

:download: Download Page
:arrow: Atmosphere Discussion Thread

Please be sure to update fusee when upgrading to 1.0.0. fusee-primary no longer exists, and will not work any more.

Please note: Atmosphère 1.0.0 is currently in pre-release.

• If any bugs are reported while Atmosphère is in pre-release, they will be fixed and the build will be updated.
  • Barring exceptional circumstance, 1.0.0 will transition to release on September 9th, or after a short amount of time has passed without pressing bug reports afterwards.
With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 1.0.0 is bundled with hbl 2.4.1, and hbmenu 3.4.1.

The following was changed since the last release:

• fusee was completely re-written in C++ to use the same atmosphere-libs APIs as the rest of atmosphere's code.
    • The rewrite was performed with a big emphasis on ensuring a good boot speed, and generally boot should be much faster than it was previously.
      • Depending on SD card/environment, boot speed may now be slightly faster than, roughly the same as, or slightly slower than when booting with hekate.
      • The obvious low-hanging fruit for performance improvements has been picked, so hopefully the improved performance is to everybody's liking.
    • SD card compatibility was improved: fusee should now have SD card compatibility identical to the official OS driver.
    • Please Note: various components were renamed (fusee-primary.bin -> fusee.bin, fusee-secondary.bin -> package3).
      • If you use another bootloader (like hekate), you may need to update your configuration to use the new layout.
    • Please Note: BCT.ini no longer exists, nogc configuration has been moved to /atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini.
      • If you rely on custom nogc configuration, please be sure to update accordingly.
    • Custom splash screen BMP parsing is no longer supported (as it slows down boot for 99% of users).
      • To compensate for this, a script to insert a custom splash screen into a package3 binary has been added to the utilities folder of the atmosphere repository.
      • The release build should be equivalent to running the following command from the root of the atmosphere repository: python utilities/insert_splash_screen.py img/splash.png fusee/package3
  • A number of pending changes were made, following the end of the relevant testing periods:
    • mesosphere is no longer opt-out, and stratosphere code will begin depending on its being present/in use.
    • NCM is no longer opt-out.
    • The cleanup to ease the transition from < 0.19.0 to 0.19.0 has been removed.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 1.0, please see the official release notes.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
for some reason on the older version in order for me to use tinfoil for the shop links it would not work unless i used fusee primary, has anyone updated to this and confirm tinfoil shops still work and let you download/install games direct off the shops

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

actually you laugh but the coders arent in federal prison, only one who is part of distribution, marketing and sales and finance, the guys who made the sxos firmware have not been caught (unless there is any update since bowser has been the only one so far arrested).

Tinfoil developer have in the past a feud with Hekate and coded it to refuse work if you boot via Hekate or have sigpatches for it. But that changed recently and for the latest version of tinfoil works fine if you boot using Hekate

Reactions: osaka35

kidcharlemagne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I get this error
When I shall update atmosphere from aio switch updater.

I know lots of people like the AIO updater, and I use it for updating cheat files and sigpatches, myself; but I've never had success updating Atmosphere in it. The only way that consistently works for me is downloading and extracting it manually.

Reactions: impeeza

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know lots of people like the AIO updater, and I use it for updating cheat files and sigpatches, myself; but I've never had success updating Atmosphere in it. The only way that consistently works for me is downloading and extracting it manually.
I got it to work, now I need to use new sigpatches

Reactions: osaka35

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: PikachuPrincess23

JHumBL3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating, I now get the game card error. Everything was fine before the update. Did something change that I might have missed?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yes, you don't read the instructions and sure use pre-made settings files, which have the nogc patch enabled, if you want to use you gamecart slot you need to disable the nogc, that will update the camecart firmware and will not allow you to downgrade your firmware.

JHumBL3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you don't read the instructions and sure use pre-made settings files, which have the nogc patch enabled, if you want to use you gamecart slot you need to disable the nogc, that will update the camecart firmware and will not allow you to downgrade your firmware.
Got it!

Last edited by JHumBL3,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
On the release page of Atmosphère you can read about the BCT file changes (that file do not exist now) and the nogc control is on another file. You must change it to acomodate yoyr needs.

Reactions: JHumBL3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1