Hacking DS link and fire card beginner - Help needed!

Bext1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if you've all been asked these questions a million times but I have searched around to find out how to work the card Ive just bought for my son.

I've downloaded some games onto uTorrent and then I have extracted them onto my DS link via a usb link.

I have formatted the card and put the xmenu back on.

Yet every time we go to play a game it says saved data could not be read and to switch the ds off and re install the card!

Where am I going wrong? Can someone please point me in the right direction before myself and m son go mad!!

wacko.gif

Wadissem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lecture.gif
I think you are making this way to copicated than it has to be, here is what you have to do.

Plug in your micro sd card for your falshcard in to your computer.

Then make a folder that is named games, (on the micro sd).

Put whatever games you whant into the folder.

Then take out the micro sd, and put it into the flash card and play!

Also try to download your games from a bettter website like: ROM-FREAKs.NET

But then again I don't know what flashcard you are using, or fully understand your problem.
lecture.gif

Bext1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Theres a few different games its doing it on

Garfield2

Ben10 Alien Force

Clever Kids Farmyard

Madagascar

-it was bought for a 5 year old hence the games
gbasp.gif
wink2.gif

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I'll do what I can. Firstly the card you've got isn't great, I've just tried going to thier site and there isn't a working english option and the site seems to have been made of stock pictures. But we should work with this. Also without sounding rude it'd be best if you ignore the person who you were being complicated, they were talking about micro Sd cards when your card has internal memory.

Check if your using the latest firmware. If not you can get it from here.

Also get your roms from a different soucre such as a site that provides direct downloads though that's my bias against torrents speaking.

If that fails then I'd suggest reutrning it and getting something else like the Edge which is simple for kids to use.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wadissem said:
lecture.gif
I think you are making this way to copicated than it has to be, here is what you have to do.

Plug in your micro sd card for your falshcard in to your computer.

Then make a folder that is named games, (on the micro sd).

Put whatever games you whant into the folder.

Then take out the micro sd, and put it into the flash card and play!

Also try to download your games from a bettter website like: (i took away the site)

But then again I don't know what flashcard you are using, or fully understand your problem.
lecture.gif
Rom links are NOT allowed

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
from the link he gave us, it pretty much said that it didn't need any extra memory cards.

Just did some quick research on this thing and I think it's safe to say you bought a dud. It hasn't been updated since 2008. Try and return it and get something else like the M3 Real which is better and cheaper then the firecard.

Bext1982

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Emigre - where is the best place to look at Edge cards??

Think I'll send this one back and try and get something else.

If you could point me in the right direction for something easy to use that will be ok for my son to use that would be fab!

Thank you for your help

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically anywhere this place reccomends is a good place like 0shipping zone. PCJerry are a decent place and the M3 Real shouldn't be a bad cart for him particulary as its UK based (I've bought off there) so delivery should be ok. I'd reccomend watching some youtube videos and deciding which one you think is best. All in all I'd say the Edge or iEdge might be the best for your son due to its simplicity. I should also add that any cards we reccomend use external memory (internal memory is bit outdated now) so be careful your son doesn't lose it. Actually I give a list of decent carts.

M3 Real/ Zero
Acekard 2/2i
Supercard DS One/ Onei
EZ Flash V/Vi
Edge/iEdge
Cyclos DS ( a bit pricey)

You won't go wrong with either of these

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.