Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive not been able to get past that either. Ive tried the bootstrap files built by JoshuaDoes but his only ever load to a white screen i cant even get to the nintendo logo with his builds and look like they are with the latest commits
The latest commit breaks games again.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people are absolutely rabid for this, but instead of asking for this commit or that one, the one that last worked (etc)...maybe just wait for a release. Clearly things are pretty unstable at the moment, and though in the future I'm sure compatibility reports will be helpful they aren't really at the moment since things are in such a state of flux.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know people are absolutely rabid for this, but instead of asking for this commit or that one, the one that last worked (etc)...maybe just wait for a release. Clearly things are pretty unstable at the moment, and though in the future I'm sure compatibility reports will be helpful they aren't really at the moment since things are in such a state of flux.

@shutterbug2000 is literally one of the devs working on this but yeah in general it's a waste of time to report that stuff doesn't work on an unfinished product.

EDIT: Completely unrelated but I find it funny that we both joined within a few days of each other, both have Zelda related names and avatars, pretty close in terms of posts.

Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule,

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@shutterbug2000 is literally one of the devs working on this but yeah in general it's a waste of time to report that stuff doesn't work on an unfinished product.

EDIT: Completely unrelated but I find it funny that we both joined within a few days of each other, both have Zelda related names and avatars, pretty close in terms of posts.
What do you mean about Shutterbug? I didn't mention him anywhere (I know he's a dev, I can read ;D).

That is pretty funny about the avatars, names, and posts btw...how odd. lol

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean about Shutterbug? I didn't mention him anywhere (I know he's a dev, I can read ;D).

He has a bunch of commits on the page him and the other two or three guys are working on it together but I think ahezard is doing most the actual coding. https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/commits/card

People I've seen contribute to the project so far ahezard, shutterbug2000, Robz8, Gericom, and ApacheThunder.

Last edited by Link_of_Hyrule,

MCG_Raven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

What he meant with that was probably that for him it sounded like you meant everyone and not just those that essentially have no plan of action when going into this. Could be misinterpreted this way which woudl somewhat justify the mention of Shutterbug.

He has a bunch of commits on the page him and the other two guys are working on it together but I think ahezard is doing most the actual coding. https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/commits/card

You didn't understand 9thsages Post once again :P

Last edited by MCG_Raven,

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What he meant with that was probably that for him it sounded like you meant everyone and not just those that essentially have no plan of action when going into this. Could be misinterpreted this way which woudl somewhat justify the mention of Shutterbug.
Oh no, I didn't mean anything about Shutterbug talking about the latest commit breaking things, just yeah, as I think you're saying...the people eagerly snapping up every new commit and testing the same games over and over again (which again, I get that this is exciting and pretty cool) and reporting on it...it's just kind of pointless at the moment since things are changing so much. You want the commit that really works? Should probably just wait for a release. Not that compatibility is going to be perfect then, but with things changing so much all the time of course it's going to break.

He has a bunch of commits on the page him and the other two guys are working on it together but I think ahezard is doing most the actual coding. https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/commits/card
You might be right, but yeah...clearly he's doing work on it too though.

Last edited by 9thSage,

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, I didn't mean anything about Shutterbug talking about the latest commit breaking things, just yeah, as I think you're saying...the people eagerly snapping up every new commit and testing the same games over and over again (which again, I get that this is exciting and pretty cool) and reporting on it...it's just kind of pointless at the moment since things are changing so much. You want the commit that really works? Should probably just wait for release.

You might be right, but yeah...clearly he's doing work on it too though.
A lot of times when you're working on a project you'll talk over ideas and how to solve the problem and one person will do the code or one person will do the main part and others will submit patches for other parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol