Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik you NEED arm9 access to do that, you can't reach dsiware or any arm9 payload with just userland (*hax) or arm11. It just can't make the right syscalls and would fail.

Then again, people here have achieved things deemed impossible by everyone else before.
https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_dsiwarehax_installer

this probably won't work above 10.7 though due to the svcBackdoor requirement.

Reactions: nooby89

ChickenMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you guys think I should buy a flashcard for DS games or just wait for retail ds off sd? A lot of people estimating it to be ready by 2016 but I would imagine something like this could take longer.
Thanks!

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think I should buy a flashcard for DS games or just wait for retail ds off sd? A lot of people estimating it to be ready by 2016 but I would imagine something like this could take longer.
Thanks!
Buy a flashcart. It's not that expensive now a days.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
Dear god, that username though. :rofl2:

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
i'd recommend either the AceKard2i or R4 Gold RTS (this one http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ds/r4i-rts1.jpg) they have no compatability problems interms of DS Games and are Pretty cheap, thr R4i has teh added benifit of needing no modded TWLFirm/patches if you use something like Lima/Luma/Corbenik, if you want to stick to near stock like (aka your using SaltCFW or WTF reason rxTools) you need TWL Patches for it and the AceKard2i needs recent builds of Luma/Patched TWLFirm to run as it was blocked pretty early on in the 3DS Lifetime.

Last edited by Dracari,

ChickenMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'd recommend either the AceKard2i or R4 Gold RTS (this one http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ds/r4i-rts1.jpg) they have no compatability problems interms of DS Games and are Pretty cheap, thr R4i has teh added benifit of needing no modded TWLFirm/patches if you use something like Lima/Luma/Corbenik, if you want to stick to near stock like (aka your using SaltCFW or WTF reason rxTools) you need TWL Patches for it and the AceKard2i needs recent builds of Luma/Patched TWLFirm to run as it was blocked pretty early on in the 3DS Lifetime.
Thanks for this info!

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
I cry when I see something useful then later read that it requires a flashcard..(Hbl by Apache):( I just want this project to be a success so I can end the suffering..

Reactions: DeoNaught

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks alot! I shall proceed to install it now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Error during installation... Help?!

Install failed!
Could not install app
Raw error ...
Module ...
Level: Usage
Summery: Invalid argument
Description: Invalid combination (0x3ee)
Which version of FBI are you using and in which CFW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7