Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
IPC means Inter-Process Communication. It allows operating systems' processes/threads to communicate with each other and share data. I don't know the architecture of the nDS or the 3DS well enough to know what this added, though.

In the DS, an ARM9 core handles most tasks of game logic while an ARM7 handles specific I/O like sound and the touch screen input.
The ARM9 can access the cartridge bus. But only the ARM7 can access the SD interface. IPC is needed to arrange for the ARM7 to fetch data on the behalf of ARM9.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Do you mean you were able to start a game or just switch Mario's head to Yoshi's in the title screen? I was able to get Yoshi's head yesterday, if so.
i was in the game, running outside the castle with yoshi, when i noticed i still had my ds flashcard in, so i removed it to record and it crashed (i thought the card removal patch was activated), my fault, it's probably gonna take about 20-25 minutes for me to be able to get to that point again

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm maybe I compiled it wrong but I'm getting a white screen for super mario 64 DS on the latest commit.

Edit: with that being said, Tetris DS demo now boots for me.

Last edited by DogParty,

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just built the new commit and it booted SM64. No idea why my last build was broken...? Will let y'all know how it goes

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I don't think it changes much...
It's great that you're doing all these builds, but isn't this work better done by a script or bot?
I use a script, it downloads, unzips, builds and zips the nds, ready for upload ;)

Latest bootstrap, based on commit 30a6493.

Attachments

• bootstrap-dldi.zip
    405.9 KB · Views: 202

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
here is a little something to make you wait, it's still loading me in the game, so you'll have to wait for proper gameplay....
(yes, the vertical recording was made in purpose)

Those are some pretty crazy graphical glitches o.O Wonder what's causing them.

Well, there's some real progress and it's exciting to see.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I'm currently waiting for the white screen after clicking the file to go away. Great job with the video capito27!

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eu version, TWL speed, also here : (yes, it's hard to eat rabbits single-handed):)

EDit : mixed up TWL and NTR for a second in my brain, muh bad

How long was the wait from when you clicked the file to when it started? I've been sitting at a white screen for about 7 min now :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...