DS/i Games Put Aside?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by FlashX007, Apr 9, 2011.

Apr 9, 2011

DS/i Games Put Aside? by FlashX007 at 2:10 AM (862 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. FlashX007
    OP

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I have heard it a little around almost everywhere and I am wondering if they are going to do what they did to GBA to the DS/i because the 3DS came out? If so when? This isn't fair I would gladly upgrade to a 3DS if I had money but if they stop making games for the DS/i then that will be bull because the DSi never sucked. I love my XL. My XL isn't even a year old yet I got it in the beginning of September. Just my luck.

2. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Are you asking if Nintendo and developers in general will stop making DS games? The answer is yes: Sooner or later, developers are going to stop supporting the DS and will move on to the 3DS. It's inevitable, and it happens with every system, unfortunately. I can't say for sure when that will happen, but there are more DS titles coming out this year, so I would say you have at least until the end of the year before developers come to a complete stop. Probably more. I mean, I wouldn't expect any huge budget titles...you're not going to get any more Nintendo titles on the DS, at least. (Maybe other than the 3rd Pokemon title.) But you'll probably see a steady stream of movie to game titles and others for at least another year.

3. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Not sure but from this thread of Capcom's decision to not port AAI2 to the US is not a good sign. [​IMG]

I don't know if it's because Ace Attorney is not as popular in the west or because of 3DS development, but well, lets wait till Captivate 2011

4. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Idk 3DS can handle both and unlike the gba there ony one slot for the ds and 3DS.

I like how ds games used the top and bottom as one for gameplay and still like how they look. Unless they make 3DS games that do that but then only the top screen is 3D. Hmm... then again that may work.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The GBA needed an extra slot and all that jazz, the 3DS uses the same slot as the DS, so it's unlikely they'll remove support.

6. Oceanborn712

Member Oceanborn712 GBAtemp Regular

Germany