harg

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am a DS homebrew developer(at only the age of 10!),and was wondering of anyone had homebrew requests. If you have a request please supply me with the following information:
-gameplay idea aka story
-graphics
-make it original no ports!
And I will provide you with a yes or no , and remember I can quit any project I like,I will not tolerate rudeness for me quiting/not accepting your project.
I won't start on the game for a while because I have other commitments to tend.
Thanks for your patience!
yaynds.gif
nds.gif

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... not quite sure...
I'd say a super crazy colorful japanese puzzle game where people can go all kinds of crazy with chains and combos and special moves.
Like a whole new puyo pop with different elements
laugh.gif

If you make it good, you could become super popular here
mthrnitesmiley.gif

EDIT: So I read over your post again and realized I didn't supply all the information
Story- You don't really need a story, but if you made one to push people to play it could just be nonsensical...
Graphics- Sprites. Hands down. You could even find someone to make some small high quality sprites if you can't, they don't really need to be complex so it would be easy.
Originality- There are so many ways you could easily make this original. Even if it's just a little bit better than some other games (like puyo) and it looks nice, people would play it over the other game.

harg

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Crazzy1
I love that game it would be a hard project,and I'm sorry to say but... Well I'll think about it and get back atcha.
@oreO
i don't understand what type of game your asking for could you please include detailed information?
@Basher11
hmm more detail some graphics and accepted!!

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um.... just a simple sidescroller with some slice and dicing
tongue.gif

graphics?

how about a simple figure for the person with a sword?
background can be blank, so the blood from the enemies can be seen >:)

harg

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
tongue.gif

graphics?

Hmm if you touch the opponent you hit your sword at him blood comes out you press a after seeing the blood coming out then the game continues whoever hits the opponent 3times wins! But it would be easier for me if I did it with a gun and bullets instead of the sword how does that sound?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harg said:
basher11 said:
tongue.gif

graphics?

Hmm if you touch the opponent you hit your sword at him blood comes out you press a after seeing the blood coming out then the game continues whoever hits the opponent 3times wins! But it would be easier for me if I did it with a gun and bullets instead of the sword how does that sound?

maybe it should be survival mode?
how about both weapons?

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see you've never played puyo pop before
rolleyes.gif

Some serious fans would be screaming "DO IT NOW" if they read that...
Here's a video of some seriously crazy people doing combos and chains and stuff. And they're not even the best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4iw0CdRvI

There's already enough hack n' slash and beat em' ups IMHO, and don't even get me started with platformers
nyanya.gif

EDIT: Oh yea, and you don't see it in the video, but you see how when they destroy some of the blocks it sends stuff to the top of the other players bar? If they place a block without destroying other blocks, then it throws a whole bunch of gray blocks at the other character
laugh.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ore0 said:
I see you've never played puyo pop before
rolleyes.gif

Some serious fans would be screaming "DO IT NOW" if they read that...
Here's a video of some seriously crazy people doing combos and chains and stuff. And they're not even the best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc4iw0CdRvI

There's already enough hack n' slash and beat em' ups IMHO, and don't even get me started with platformers
nyanya.gif

hey, those hack and slash suck. [except for megaman XD]

harg

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Basher11
sure that can be in future versions but for the first version let's stick with only guns.
@oreO
ok great! I'll play that game,does it have to be 2 player? And can you tell me where I can get the sprites?(I don't feel like using google) and It would be nice if you posted the sprites.

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it has one player also. You should just download it to your flashcart, some people here have even translated some of the newer ones that only came out in japan.

And with the sprites, I was thinking about making new sprites so it would be different, but if you want to find them you could use google to find one of the fan sites or something, I don't really have them. To make the sprites though, I'd suggest finding a spriter if you don't have experience. It wouldn't be too difficult to make sprites that small.

harg

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Crazzy1
I'll do it!! Give me sprites! If I can't do it I'll quit the project...
PS @Crazzy1@oreO@Basher11
it will be at least 1 week till I start working,so excpect the beta version of your game at least 1week and 3 days from now. Thanks for your patience!

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You do spriting? Thats awesome
happy.gif

For the shapes all you need to do is make them a different color, and a slightly different look. Like in puyo, the blue one is blue but also sad, the red one is mad, the yellow one is super happy, etc.

Oh yea, and if possible, later in development there should be some more major differences to puyo pop, just so its not as much of a clone and is more unique
smileipb2.png

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm... idk... im sure there's stuff you could always add later.
Like in puyo pop, the characters are all the same. Maybe when you press "R", each character would have different special move, if there are characters. Like one character's move would remove a line of blocks, and one character's would add a line to the other sides blocks, and another character's move might temporarily control the other side for a few seconds.
This could replace the "fever" gauge because that would be kinda hard to put in.

But we don't really need to worry too much about that right now right? I mean you could always add it later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...