Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
name :Flv PLayer ds
Idea kirbyman123
Level: Hard to impossible (ds capabilitys sucks lols)
what for:to play flv video files from youtube. and more convenient because file sizes are small
how: no idea I'm only ten!

floating

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I bring up the mnemosyne again. This sophisticated learning tool is an open-source project @ http://www.mnemosyne-proj.org/

As it is open-source I figure it could be easier, but how hard would it be to port this to a DS, or get something similar done ?

What mnemosyne would offer already at their homepage, would be 27 different card decks for languages, including chinese, english, greek, spanish, japanese, french, latin and vietnamese. Other categories having decks include computers, geography, religions, sciences.. There is also a website called flashcardexchange.com where i guess you could find more(needs registration which i dont have)

I have used mnemosyne on my PC, and it is perhaps the most efficient way to learn japanese vocabulary. I have tried many japanese kanji games made on DS, aswell as kanji learning games made on PC, but mnemosyne is just simple and genious.

For japanese students, there has been an attempt for a similar flash-card project(only for studying japanese), discussion found here http://forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=467&p=1 but for it you would need to create the decks from the scratch using jwpce basically, and the system being very plain, so it is not that user-friendly (and not continued project)

I and many other who studies languages wishes there was a flash-card program, that would support those .xml files in mnemosyne website.

LittLeLives

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, too, would completely love it if someone were to create an entirely new shell for the DS with embedded calendaring functions.

Hell, borrow ideas from Acekard 2/RPG's GUI (like the top screen) and just add a few more options to make it a true portable tank. You can also look at PSP's XMB, iRShell and XMBController.

And then you can progressively add more features as you move along, hell it may even be able to fully replace the original DS OS like adding a better PictoChat...maybe even add a built-in PictoQuest game.
ohmy.gif

However, all I would really like would be a standard calendaring app, not too basic like DSO's, but not too bloated, either. If it behaved like Sunbird or Rainlendar, I'd totally love it. Unlike DSO, it would make full use of the touch-screen so I can add events by touching a date and write it out myself, DSNotes-style. Individual, but optional slots for time (e.g. 8:15 AM - Go to _______'s birthday) and an "overall" to-do list (as in, it does not need a specific date/time; useful for something you'd be meaning to check out or grocery lists and the like) would make it even better.
A basic, but smooth and appealing customizable GUI. Colors and DSNotes got it down.
But next to those would be a built-in option to soft-reset. I'm not asking for it to bring me to my cart's root menu (but if it's possible, all the more better), but just fool the DS into thinking I hit the power switch twice. It would make the portable experience much more seamless instead of going into the mentality of "once I boot into something, I'm stuck with that until I turn it off" - one of the reasons I don't boot into a lot of homebrew anymore.

...And that's it, I guess. I'll try to tidy up this post for increased coherency later. >_>

TossGirl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A youtube homebrew program like the PSP. =]
A good Texas Instrument calculator so people wouldn't have to buy one. >_<
A program that allows to play mp3 in-game. Pretty much like a PSP.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TossGirl said:

I don't think the DS would be powerful enough to do that and maintain a good Framerate and whatnot, but Maybe a program even just for GBA games that would do that would be sweet.
But that would be an excellent program, and I would support a developer of something like that Verbally very much so.

Norman3000

Trophies
XP
Country
A Short Messaging Service Homebrew app would be nice, sending message to other mobile phones! It would save me a lot of time instead of bringing two gadgets, cellphone and DS

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
TossGirl said:
I kind of already said that :/

Heres a cool idea. How about a book reading program, but in order to turn the page, you have to close the DS's top screen and open it back up, much like a real book. Stupid idea yes, but i think it'd be pretty cool.

Tapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gangsterboi said:
A mobile phone blocker. That would annoy kids at school... though it is impossible. The ds cannot transfer the same waves as mobile phone signals.

Then why suggest it?
nyanya.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IzzehO said:
-Game of life port (this isn't a game per-se, check it up on wikipedia)
There are already at least 3 different ports of the Game of Life to the DS.

IzzehO said:
-A more indepth calculator program - with conversion technology?
TossGirl said:
A good Texas Instrument calculator so people wouldn't have to buy one. >_

PhillipDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
mmmm, maybe some kind of Anatomy Learning App ^^, I don't know how useful would most people find it to be, but it would definitely be a great help for medicine students ^^!!! Me and like 12 other friends who have DSs have been trying to do something like this, but we've found it to be very complicated and don't even know where to start
biggrin.gif
!

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
PhillipDS said:
mmmm, maybe some kind of Anatomy Learning App ^^, I don't know how useful would most people find it to be, but it would definitely be a great help for medicine students ^^!!! Me and like 12 other friends who have DSs have been trying to do something like this, but we've found it to be very complicated and don't even know where to start
biggrin.gif
!
that'd be cool, it would also help out some artists trying to learn how to draw actual humans. instead of well, smileys/stick figures.

Tapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
File Transfer Tool
Copy files between two cards. There's a couple of different ways it could be setup - ADHOC, to move a file of any size to another DS. But that requires both DS's have the transfer tool on them. Another would be to copy the file to memory, swap cards, and write the file, but that limits to file sizes under 4 MB. (Maybe smaller, since the program itself takes up space) - Although you could set it up to use SLOT2 devices for additional memory.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got an idea, How about a nintendo channnel-esque kind of thing. Where you could view youtube videos (Or something else) and download homebrew.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two requests, have you heard of the face training game from nintendo that comes with a camera maybe it could be used as a web cam if you want to see it go to dealextreme and type "face training" my other request is winrar on the ds that would help out alot.

Edit: *gasp* My Post count has reached 200
yaynds.gif

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
sjones900 said:
I have two requests, have you heard of the face training game from nintendo that comes with a camera maybe it could be used as a web cam if you want to see it go to dealextreme and type "face training" my other request is winrar on the ds that would help out alot.

Edit: *gasp* My Post count has reached 200
yaynds.gif
Grats on the post count, im still trying to get 100 >.>

Theres a face training game? i think i heard of something like that, but i dont remember much, winrar on the DS though? How would that help, unless like, it would activate as soon as you turn your ds on and then it would extract everything to a spot. which i guess THAT would be helpful (Im lazY)
Edit: Oh wow, a webcam application with that would be great. I could use it to take some snapshots of me. I cant get enough of me
tongue.gif

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hehe me to but it would be cool if you could chat over other messengers like yahoo and then start a web camera conversation and plus the ds has a mic so that will come into play aswell
yaynds.gif

Tapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A really solid Jabber client would be nice. But it would have to be feature-rich, the Jabber network is a powerful thing.

For those not familar with Jabber, it's primarily an instant messaging network. But it goes far beyond that - the Jabber servers are XML routers, which allows them to provide many other services. 'Transports' allow you to connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and other networks. Tons of things can be hosted through the servers, and the best part is the client doesn't have to do the work.

All the client does is work with XML communications with the server. The server does the hard work. It's a beautiful protocol.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sjones900 said:
hehe me to but it would be cool if you could chat over other messengers like yahoo and then start a web camera conversation and plus the ds has a mic so that will come into play aswell
yaynds.gif
The DS doesn't have a web cam so whats the point?????

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)