Homebrew ds gba multyplayer

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shutting this down right now. In GBA mode, you have no access to any of the DS-specific features. This includes wifi, second screen, touchscreen capability, microphone, etc.

I remember a few people taking a look at the DS's PCB and trying to find the remains of the linker port traces, but they didn't get too far.

There is no way to play GBA multiplayer on the DS. No homebrew program can change that.

shasta588

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Shutting this down right now. In GBA mode, you have no access to any of the DS-specific features. This includes wifi, second screen, touchscreen capability, microphone, etc.

I remember a few people taking a look at the DS's PCB and trying to find the remains of the linker port traces, but they didn't get too far.

There is no way to play GBA multiplayer on the DS. No homebrew program can change that.
what about a emulator

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
or actually try reading the link to the post explaining why
smile.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
u ask why? and i quote this from that sticky:

Rayder said:
The noob asks, "How can I play GBA games on my slot1 card?"

And the veteran answers, "By buying a slot2 card, which goes in slot2, which is the GBA SLOT, otherwise known as slot2!" It is located on the bottom of the the DS.....see it? Yeah, that is for playing GBA games. Slot1 (otherwise known as the DS slot) is for playing DS games and apps, not GBA games!

Use the freakin' search function next time, mmkay?

Geez! This question is asked so many times that even a friendly sort, such as myself, is getting annoyed.
mad.gif

My goodness, noobs are so annoying with their silly questions about things things that have been explained at least a thousand times in previous posts!

Read the frikken stickies....read the previous posts asking the same noob questions.......use the damn search function, that's what it's there for.

Jesus jumped-up Christ in a side-car! I'm starting to see where Urza comes from...and that scares me.

See what NSider closing down has done to us? Damn you Nintendo!

I must admit that I've had about 10 beers and my inhibitions towards noobs is counter-acted by the alcohol flowing in my veins and it brings out the writer in me. So to all you noobs, please don't take undue offense to my ranting. You are noobs and I understand that. You can't help asking those stupid noob questions. But just LISTEN to the people of this forum when they tell you the facts. Understand what they say and freakin' learn to not be such a noob
, mmkay?

You want to play free downloaded GBA games on your DS? BUY A SLOT2 CARD! Simple as that, end of story. I'm sorry you will have to spend some more money to get your free games, but that's the way it is, deal with it.

Oh, and welcome to GBAtemp.
tongue.gif

This reply was written to make JPH happy, since I let him down in a previous thread.
wink.gif

IN SHORT, U NEED A BLOODY SLOT 2 TO PLAY GBA GAMES AND LIKE WHAT THEY TOLD U, GBA EMULATION WILL NOT WORK ON THE DS WITHOUT A SLOT 1 AND U WANT THE TECHNICAL STUFF ON WHY, READ THIS POST THAT WAS ALSO TAKEN FROM THAT SAME STICKLY THREAD

BakuFunn said:
You people might be more confused by this but-

I remember when someone came up with the method for running GBA on slot-1's.
LINK

The whole point is that You have to basically creat a hypervisor
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ

GBA games can be played from the DS’s GBA slot, however it was long thought they could never run from a DS flashcard in the DS slot due to hardware restrictions.

A friend and fellow programmer has already created a proof-of-concept demo which can run commercial GBA games without sound but at full speed from the DS slot, Normmatt said.

A hypervisor, used to translate the GBA graphics and sound hardware to work on the DS hardware, would need to be created for this approach to work.(for each game!)

“Using the hypervisor approach you can get full speed, maybe even faster, not to mention you could potentially add things such as save states etc, but first someone would need to create a hypervisor and release it to the public.”

It is impossible to use a software emulation approach (like SNEmulDS, nesDS or Goomba) to emulate a GBA game from the DS slot at a solid frame rate.

NOW READ THIS
QUOTE(DanTheManMS @ Jan 22 2008, 01:38 AM) Rather than making a lengthy reply questioning wtf a "hypervisor" is and how it differs from the definition of an emulator, I'll just say that it's been debated too long and doesn't need to be brought up again.

Could software emulation be possible? Of course. Would it be playable? Heck no. Look at the DS emulator for the PSP; that's what I'm expecting a GBA emu for the DS would be like.

NOW DONT ASK FOR THE HYPERVISOR
Creating a hypervisor for release to the public is not a quick and simple job and would require a lot of work.

“It is technically possible it’s just no developer has the time or patience to redo something the hardware does natively.”

HERE IS THE LINK. CLICK IT IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT A HYPERVISOR IS.

AGAIN, HERE IS THE LINK!

AGENT209T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mrfatso you beat me to it

since this is some 14yo Troll there is your spoon fed info

oh and try google.com it might help

or better yet take up programming and do it yourself

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Seeing as your 2nd question is slightly more sensible I'll give an answer: No.

Also what dont you get bout your first question???

I'll explain it really easy, so you dont get yelled at again:

The DS cannnot access its features such as wireless and touch screen whilst in its GBA mode.

as long as the DS is in GBA mode it cannot use any of the DS features.

A GBA emulator on the DS wont work either.
smile.gif

(thats my good deed for the day)
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.