DS-GBA connection

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by toguro_max, Oct 13, 2008.

Oct 13, 2008

DS-GBA connection by toguro_max at 4:52 PM (945 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. toguro_max
    OP

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Nihao all.

There are some questions i have, and i tried searching the forums (and even looking thread-by-tread) but i've found nothing (or didn't actually "see" it).
    So, here we go:

1) When you connect your DS online, the game creates a Friend Code for you based upon a internal DS code (much like the Wii Code) and saves this info on the cart. The question is: using a flash cart like R4, G6 Lite, Clyclo, Etc, where is this info save? Is it on the ROM (most unlikely) or on th save file?

2) Still on the Friend Code topic, is it possible to "calculate" your friend code without having to actually access the Internet? I mean, is it possible to make a calculator where i input my DS Code (ok, i would need to find out it first, but, in any case, it could be used for the Wii) and select a game (i.e. Metroid Prime Hunter) and it returns my Friend Code?

3) Is it possible to use the DS-GBA connection using 2 flash carts other than the EZ Flash 3-in-1? To be more specific, am I able to do it using a R4 and a G6 Lite? I know the G6 Lite already has an option in the linker app to support this when both the DS and the required GBA game are on it (like Down of Sorrow for DS and Aria of Sorrow for GBA), but I'd want to do it using the G6 only for GBA and the R4 only for DS.

4) Is it possible to, hmmm, "create" an lobby for online DS games? I mean, a server with friend codes where i'd access it and the game would "search" the players from it. I know my explanation is a bit confuset, but the idea is something like that: using Mario Kart as an example, I'd add the "server" friend code to my friend list, and start a game for friends only. The, there would be a lot of friend codes on the "server" side, codes that would be part of a comunity (GBAtemp, por example) and so I'd play with people on this server (or other servers, I don't know) without needing to add all their codes. Then it would be a little more "easy" to create an online gaming event. Maybe I'm being a little too much ambitious...

Thanks for your attention and for reading this blabling...

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    1) Save file, ROM is "Read Only Memory" after all.

2) I believe the idea has been toyed with. Nothing came of it as far as I know.

3) The DS expects the game to be at a certain address. Without serious effort the only way to do it is grab the save from the g6. Being that easy nobody wants to hack a game to do the latter.

4) There are a couple of friend code sites that almost act like you want. Nothing for the DS though.

3. toguro_max
    OP

Member toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Thanks for the (quick) answers, Fast6191, I can now rest in peace [​IMG]