Gaming DS Games on a 3DS

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so random 100 people not expecting an update to make DS games look better notice that after the 2.0 update that most DS games seen to look different. You say you don't see a difference and the only evidence is that a couple hundred people say that they, without looking for difference, noticed a difference.

I said in my own experience that when using a GBA emulator that it has a dozen filter options that change the game's looks and we all know that any new system playing last gen games is simply emulating them.

Going off the information we have what do you think is true?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
dragonkid6 said:
Okay, so random 100 people not expecting an update to make DS games look better notice that after the 2.0 update that most DS games seen to look different. You say you don't see a difference and the only evidence is that a couple hundred people say that they, without looking for difference, noticed a difference.

I said in my own experience that when using a GBA emulator that it has a dozen filter options that change the game's looks and we all know that any new system playing last gen games is simply emulating them.

Going off the information we have what do you think is true?

I 100% guarantee that most of those people didn't 'notice' anything until someone suggested to them that there was a difference. the power of suggestion goes a log way you know. It cause people buy any old crap, it even causes symptoms of diseases without actually contracting the disease, it is the entire bases of hypnotism. You are suggesting that because the DS is emulated, then they MUST have updated the graphics? that doesn't seem like a logical assumption to me.

Hannah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Experience a whole new way to play video games with Nintendo 3DS software. Featuring an exciting lineup of Nintendo-published and 3rd party games, players have an amazing range of titles to choose from.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AlanJohn said:
MG4M3R said:
DSiXL>3DS>DSi>DSLite>DS

For this reason I kept my DSiXL.
Are you saying a big DSi is better than a 3DS?
unsure.gif

To play DS games, yes.

In addition to the larger screens and "the more accurate touch screen", colors are more vivid than in the 3DS.
Also, considering the 3DS battery life, it's good to have a spare DS just for DS games.

QUOTE(vodoochild81 @ Jun 30 2011, 05:46 PM)
I don't mind the black borders... I wouldn't get it to only play DS but mainly DS games..Other then SF4 and Ocarina what else is there? I feel like once I play those games to death I would have to wait like 2 years before any good 3ds games come out.

Actually... You could play SSF4 and Ocarina until September ~ November when Kid Icarus, Mario Kart and Super Mario 3DS will be launched.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated 2 different friend´s 3ds today. I compared the first updated one against the second and there was no difference. Then I updated the second one and compared against mine and no difference again. I think that what Spinal Cord said is the most logical explanation.
@Spinal Cord- you were right all along! Even in my poll thread people confirm your conclusion.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MG4M3R said:
AlanJohn said:
MG4M3R said:
DSiXL>3DS>DSi>DSLite>DS

For this reason I kept my DSiXL.
Are you saying a big DSi is better than a 3DS?
unsure.gif

To play DS games, yes.

In addition to the larger screens and "the more accurate touch screen", colors are more vivid than in the 3DS.
Also, considering the 3DS battery life, it's good to have a spare DS just for DS games.

QUOTE(vodoochild81 @ Jun 30 2011, 05:46 PM)
I don't mind the black borders... I wouldn't get it to only play DS but mainly DS games..Other then SF4 and Ocarina what else is there? I feel like once I play those games to death I would have to wait like 2 years before any good 3ds games come out.

Actually... You could play SSF4 and Ocarina until September ~ November when Kid Icarus, Mario Kart and Super Mario 3DS will be launched.

Huh? Kid Icarus has no confirmed date...Mario Kart and Super Mario 3ds are TBA as well. No way they are coming this year. They will most likely be holiday 2012. This is Nintendo we are talking about.

I will say though thinking about it...Mario Kart, Okamiden, and Mario 64 will all be way better with an anologue stick....

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alot of sources say its coming sometime BEFORE the holidays but then again I think I can recall several times G4TV said the PS4 was coming out next week :/ but anyway im sure were gonna see these by 2011 holiday at the latest.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about it, Nintendo would be really dumb not to get at least ONE mario game this holiday. Especially since the 3ds has such lackluster sales.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la